Smart Liposuction

i havent heard of other procedures from liposuction alternates...other than smart liposuction surgery...is it best?

Smart Lipo versus Vaser Lipo

+2

Smart Lipo uses a laser to melt fat cells to liquid to get a "Smoother" result. This one of several laser devices introduced in the last few years. All of these devices are expensive add ons to Liposuction surgery. We have been using a Vaser ultrasond machine to melt the fat for more that 5 years. This is a time tested, safe  device. We have tested all of the lasers and feel the results from the Vaser technology works better in our patients

San Ramon Dermatologist

Smart lipo. Is it best?

+1

I've used ultrasonic, laser assisted, and traditional liposuction in my 15 year experience as a Plastic Surgeon.  SmartLipo is a form of laser assisted liposuction that employs various laser wavelengths to essentially melt the fat and prevent bruising.  I've found that SmartLipo is superior to the aforementioned liposuction modalities as my patients really have less bruising.  SmartLipo definitely outperforms traditional liposuction in the neck area as there is better tissue tightening with this device.  It also seems to dissolve difficult fat like that encountered in gynecomastia  [male breast] patients.  The safety features on this device are impeccable and really prevent skin burns which have been reported in the past with other laser devices.  All in all, it's a wonderful laser that delivers excellent results when used properly. 

Scott Chapin, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo is laser liposuction and it can be a rewarding procedure, other techniques do exist.

+1

Smartlipo is a good option for any patient considering body contouring.  It utilizes specific laser energy and select laser wavelengths to target fat melting and also can be used to treat the dermis of skin to promote skin tightening.  The Smartlipo procedure is FDA approved.  Currently, there are several well designed, peer-reviewed scientific publications supporting its skin tightening effects.  Smartlipo is a technique that requires a surgeon have expertise in anatomy, surgery, use of lasers in human tissue and good ethics in terms of giving patients informed consent, and discussing other alternatives to the Smartlipo technique.  Of paramount importance is proper patient selection to promote a good and realistic outcome for the individual patient. 

Surgeons can utilize other liposuction techniques and obtain acceptable and comparable results in many cases.

Smartlipo can be done under local anesthesia and the patients can return to work in 1 to 2 days.

Like many liposuction techniques, it requires the use of a compression garment and I have found the use of Topifoam/Epifoam very key in permitting the skin to re-drape to promote the smoothest outcome. 

This technique has permitted my patient population to consider liposuction surgery, rather than skin excising surgery that can leave long, sometimes widened, and certainly permanent scars.  Many women and men are willing to accept the lack of perfectly smooth skin, in lieu of a permanent, long, and obvious scar.. 

Patient selection and informed consent are key to a safe, happy and rewarding outcome for both patient and surgeon alike.

Patients should choose their surgeon and the technique based on many criteria, but the most important are the surgeons credentials, specialty, board certification in plastic surgery, reputation, hospital staff privileges, listening skills of the surgeon, informed consent, surgical outcomes, ethics and patient comfort level with not only the surgeon, but also the staff. 

Christine A. Petti, MD

Alternative to liposuction

+1

Laser lipolysis, or laser body contouring is one of the alternatives to traditional liposuction.

The brand names, like Smart lipo, Cool Lipo, Lipothermie are names of the machines currently available on the market.

Overall, all the machines work the same. Some of the use one laser frequency, others use 2 or 3.  However, the main difference is in experience of a person using it. 

When patients come in asking about difference between machines, I usually compare lasers to racing cars.  All of the properly built racing cars will go fast, however, with everything else being equal, better driver usually wins. 

Selecting probably qualified board certified plastic surgeon to perform your surgery is more important than focusing on the brand of the machine. 

It is worth to mention that because of changes in healthcare, many family practitioners, internal medicine doctors, radiologists, pathologists, and other primary specialists started to open cosmetic centers focused on laser liposuction and body contouring.

When selecting the physician for your surgery, make sure that the person performing your surgery is properly trained in all the aspects of plastic surgery is not a weekend worrier, so to speak.

Sincerely,

Boris Volshteyn M.D., M.S.

Boris Volshteyn, MD, MS
East Brunswick Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo

+1

Smart Lipo is one laser liposuction alternative. However, cool lipo is also very effective. Plus, there are a number of other liposuction alternatives using other modalities.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

SmartLipo vs Other Laser Liposuction

+1

SmartLipo is one brand name of a laser liposuction device that I like. There are others. However, the safety and quality of that treatment is more related to the physician using it than the brand name. SmartLipo is a very good laser; however, as a patient, I would be more interested in knowing the qualifications and experience of the physician using that laser than the actual machine being used.

David Goldberg, MD

The surgeon matters for best laser lipo results

+1

Smartlipo uses a fiber-optic to deliver laser energy directly to the fat. The fat is then suctioned out through very small suction cannulas which are 2 to 3 mm in size. Different companies make lasers of different wavelengths. I have tried several of the machines and all seem to function in a very similar fashion. I think the result is more dependent on the surgeon performing the procedure than on the particular laser machine used.

David Shafer, MD

Best laser lipo

+1

These are different methods of laser lipolysis and no doubt you have heard fantastic claims on both. Clearly smart lipo has spend more marketing dollars and this is the most popular. However, the vast majority of plastic surgeons are still reluctant to claim that laser lipolysis is any more beneficial than traditional liposuction techniques at this point in time.