Best Butt Augmentation Procedure?

Will a partner or myself be able to feel the Buttock implants? Also, which procedure is truly better (minus the obvious benefits of Liposuction in the Brazilian Butt Lift)?

Best Butt Augmentation Procedure

+1

Best Butt Augmentation Procedure

A Brazilian Butt Lift ( Liposcustion elsewhere and Lipoinjection/fat transfer to the buttocks), is the better procedure for most patients. It has less risks than  buttock implants and the recovery time is considerably shorter. Also, a fat transfer procedure by Lipoinjection will feel more natural, since your own fat is used. The implants would feel harder.

Brazilian Butt Lift or Buttock Implant

+1

The benifits and long term satisfaction of a Brazilian Butt Lift outweight those of the implant.  All buttock implants are palpable and typically become more palpable over time.  The fat from a Brazilian lift will remain soft.  Donor site volume is typically the only issue with the fat injection so some patients opt for the implant understanding the drawbacks.

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift best butt augmentation procedure, for sure!

+1

Hey Girlygirly

There really is no debate. Buttocks implants are always very easy to feel, both to yourself as well as to your partner because it is a relatively firm implant that we use so that it can withstand the weight of your body sitting or laying on it. The Brazilian Buttocks Lift on the other hand uses your own fat, which is what normally makes up the majority of your buttocks volume. Therefore, it is 100% natural feeling.

As far as which procedure is better? If you have the fat to use, I think the Brazilian Butt Lift is by far a much better procedure in regards to shape, size, feel and most importantly safety. The benefits of the liposuction are an extremely important part of the results that one gets from the Brazilian Butt lift.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

I prefer fat transfer and liposculpture to implants

+1

My personal preference in to use your own fat to augment the buttocks-- I think it's safer, a more durable result with less risk of infection, and a more natural look and feel. In addition, at the same time we can remove the excess fat from where you don't want it (hips, waist, inner and outer thighs) to create an even more dramatic result.

Even though the reported risk of infection after butt implants in on the low side, I've always been surprised that it is not higher given the location of the incisions. I've seen patients with infected implants-- for me personally, I want to avoid this at all costs if possible, so I use the fat transfer method mostly. Other surgeons may have a more positive impression of butt implants, but for me, you can get very nice results with your own fat with less risk in most cases.

Good luck!

Dr. S

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS