Best Alternative to Laser Hair Removal for Dark Skin?

I was told my dark complexion makes me a bad candidate for laser hair removal. What are my alternatives for permanent hair removal?

Dark skin laser hair removal

+2

I have been successfully treating very dark skinned patients for over 8 years with the Gentle YAG laser. In experienced hands, this laser is the safest and best laser for permanent hair reduction in dark skinned patients. I have performed thousands of these treatments without and complications. Good luck and take care! Dr. Groff

San Diego Dermatologist

Dark skin Laser Hair removal

+1

Dr. Groff is very much right. Having dark skin does not prevent you from getting laser hair removal. What it does mean is that you have to be treated with a certain type of laser for ideal results AND safe procedures.

The type of laser for you is a long pulsed Nd:Yg laser and the one mentioned by Dr. Groff is this type. The Sciton Profile, which is the one we used for the African Americans on our before and after pictures page is also an excellent choice.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD