Fraxel Repair for a Depressed, Surgical Scar?

Dear Doctors, I'm writing from Germany. I had a excision on my upper lip. 4 weeks after he treated the depressed scar with a fractional co2 laser and after another 4 weeks again. After the swelling was gone I realized that the surrounding skin is even more depressed and the scar looks even bigger. 5 weeks after last treatment it's still the same. Is there a chance that the skin will come back on "normal" level? I'm afraid... What would you suggest? Thanks a lot and sorry for mistakes Anna

Depressed Surgical Scar Treatment

As I understand, you are saying that the Fraxel Re:Pair treated areas around the excision scar look depressed 5 weeks after the 2nd Fraxel procedure? Iā€™m not sure what to make of that unless the multiple passes of the Fraxel during each procedure caused bulk heating of the tissue resulting in a full surface, full depth response. If this is what happened you would have seen a lot of scabbing and a slow healing wound. I would see a dermatologist who is an expert with lasers.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon