Benoquin Safety for Skin Lightening Safe?

Is benoquin safe for skin lightening if used in diluted form, like mixing in a vaseline body lotion? Will it cause skin lightening? Additional details: I used to be very fair but in 8th grade my face skin tanned due to exposure to sun and never came back. Otherwise my skin is oily and is generlly insensitive to creams etc. Could you explain the cause why my face skin didn't return to normal after 7+ years? I avoid exposure to sun. my skin is sensitiv to sun but i dnt use any products on face.

+1

Thank you for your question. It is not advised to use Benoquin for anything other than Vitiligo. Benoquin is not a substitute for Hydroquinone and could produce irreversible depigmentation. Your skin tone could have become darker due to years of sun exposure. You can always use an SPF 30 sunscreen with zinc oxide to prevent further darkening. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist for the most effective and safe treatment options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist