Would I benefit from a chin implant, and what size would you recommend? (photo)

Just undecided. What size would you recomend?

Chin implant

+1

Looking at your photo, it appears you would benefit from a chin implant. An in person evaluation would be best to determine what size you would benefit from. I would recommend a consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. They may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Microgenia and chin implants

+1

Just based upon the one profile view you have submitted, you do appear to have a chin deficiency called microgenia that would benefit from an anatomic chin implant. Providing you have no occlusion problems, that is, teeth fitting together you could easily have a chin implant done to correct this area of concern.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant option

+1

You look like you could consider having a chin implant. The decision is up to you.

I suspect that a in office consultation involving digital morphing would allow you to get a better idea of whether a chin implant would provide the appearance change that you want. This would also allow you and your surgeo to decide upon the best size implant to use.

You can learn more about chin implants at my web reference link below. I've also attached a video showing the placement of an implant in the operating room (combined with nose surgery).

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Based on your profile photo, you may consider Chin Implant surgery.

+1

You appear to have a slightly retrusive chin, and an overprojected nose. Adding chin projection, and possibly conservative neck liposuction, may help improve your jaw-line and chin appearance. Your nose may appear smaller as well.

Insofar as size is concerned, you may benefit from an extended anatomical medium implant. Would need an in-person evaluation to be sure of the size of the implant.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin augmentation candidate

+1

Chin implants come in  a variety of sizes and shapes and are composed of Silastic. the implant is inserted under local anesthesia through a submental incision as an outpatient surgical procedure.  Most men with a moderate weak chin require a medium chin implant.

Would I Benefit from a Chin Implant?

+1

Based on the single photo that you've provided you do appear to be a candidate for chin augmentation. In terms of the exact size and shape of the implant, that would require an in-person consultation and formal assessment. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant or genioplasty

+1

It appears that you would be a good candidate for either a chin implant or a formal genioplasty (moving the chin bone itself).  In order to give you a stronger jawline, I'd imagine you'd need at least 5mm of advancement.  A good set of photographs and some simple measurements will allow your surgeon to define what you need before going to surgery.

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

Would I Benefit from a Chin Implant?

+1

Possibly a large implant, but the best thing to do is to place sizers in the OR to determine the best fit.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chin implant candidate?

+1

From that picture alone, I would say that you do not need a chin implant.  There does not appear to be much recession of your chin to warrant the procedure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon