Benelli Vs Lollipop Lift, What is Recommended For No Scarring?

One Ps recommended the donut lift, measure 25cm. I know the lollipop would be best for me. But I would rather have a little sag and no scar vs perky breast with a scar. I don't want my nipples to go flat is there something that can decrease my chances of this happening? I'm a 36d plan to go 36dd with saline and lift. Will I really regret the donut lift? Keep in mine I don't mine a little sag but I will NEVER be comfortable with the vertical scar. I HATE marks on my body and I'm very self conscious

The Ultimate Breast Lift is a full lift with NO vertical scar

+2

Hi,

I agree with you. I hate vertical scars on breasts too! A new series of breast lifting techniques have been developed from the need to maximise shape and elevation without the need of a vertical scar regardless of how ptotic (saggy) breasts might be. The Ultimate Breast Lift with augmentation technique uses your excess skin to fashion 'bra straps' to lift your existing breast tissue and drape it over a subpectoral implant to achieve a shapely/natural look. The only incision necessary for this technique is that of a periareolar incision. This in no way is a Benelli lift. The Benelli lift only lifts the areola/nipple complex a few centimeters. If you have significant ptosis, this technique will not provide an adequate appearance. The UBL will actually reposition your existing low lying breast tissue and anchor it on to your chest muscles with permanent sutures for a long term result.  Flattening of the areolas is minimized using a permanent purse string suture. I hope this helps. Best wishes,

Dr. Horndeski

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Benelli or Lollipop?

+2

You ask a really good question but have already answered it for yourself. If you don't have much sagging and prefer a little sag over more scars than you will probably be happy with the Benelli type of lift. I personally prefer a tighter breast which you get from the lollipop type procedure but it's your body and your decision. Get enough consultations from surgeons who you think understand what you want and check out their results.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Lift and appearance

+2

A Benelli lift or donut mastopexy with augmentation usually does not create a flat areola.  If this lift is done without an implant, a flattening can occur.

Breast lift scars

+2

In my practice there are only a few patients I think will do well with a donut or peri areolar lift. The procedure uses a suture that stays there forever to keep the areola and scar from getting wide. So if the suture breaks or extrudes you need more surgery. I like the lollipop lift most of the time since the vertical scar heals very well and I have more control of the results using this procedure. Please consult you plastic surgeon to review these issue and let them guide you.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lifting and Scarring?

+2

Although it is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination, it sounds like you have some degree of breast ptosis and would benefit from breast lifting. Unfortunately, there is no breast lift  that can be done without  resulting scars on the breasts. Based on your strong feelings about the vertical scar associated with the vertical mastopexy, you obviously should not consider that operation.  Whether the Benelli breast lift will be effective/sufficient in your case can only be determined after physical examination. Generally speaking, it is a operation that provides a very limited breast  lift  and can be associated with problems such as flattening of the breast profile, possible spreading of the areola and/or significant/abnormal scarring around the areola.

As you know, all forms of breast lifting involves some amount of skin excision.   The skin excision serves to “tighten up” the breast skin envelope. How much skin needs to be removed will depend on each specific patient's situation. In other words, some patients require more “lifting”  and have the need for additional incisions. Generally, these incisions range from around the areola, vertical breast incisions, and transverse incisions (“anchor”).

Most patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations and the right time of their lives) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.

Mastopexy decisions

+2

There is no single right answer to this question, I can just give a single surgeons experience.

Never compromise on shape for the sake of less scar.

My impression is that most patients are extremely concerned about the scar before mastopexy surgery, but what is most important to them afterwards is the shape.

Scars do usually fade with time, and patients do not object them so much, but they are very unhappy if they haven't got a good shape.

This is my experience, there is of course no one-size -fits-all solution

Alexander Aslani, MD, EBOPRAS
Spain Plastic Surgeon

All Lifts have Pros and Cons

+1
You cannot have it both ways - that is pick a procedure that is not optimal for you with less scarring but  sacrificing shape, vs the alternative. All I can comment on is the following suggestions on how to best selcet the technique. The key to success lies in letting you surgeon know specifically what you would like to look like following the surgery. For example, how perky do you want to be, what shape do you want to have, etc.? However from your description it would appear that a lollipop type lift would be best for you rather than a periareolar lift like the Benelli procedure. Here is a rule of thumb that works for most patients. If you nipple is above your lower breast crease then often a periareolar lift will be sufficient for most patients. If your nipple is at or below your crease then a vertical lift (lollipop lift), inverted T or anchor pattern may be required.

The Lollipop incision for Grade 3 or 4 ptosis (areolar near or below your breast crease) works best in my hands and the use of a Lollipop technique can lift your breast to the perkiness you desire. However, other plastic surgeons are more comfortable with an inverted T or Anchor Pattern technique.The donut lift does tend to both flatten and have scars widened as you are removing skin around the areola which causes tension in that single area causing it to "spring' apart over time. With the Lollipop incision the tension is spread out over a greater distance of the lower vertical scar (where the areola once was) causing less tension on the areola and entire closure. The vertical lift tends to cone the breast making it more shapely (conical) and less flat. For a visual take a paper circle, cut out a small wedge on the bottom and bring the edges together to see this effect. In general I would pick the best Surgeon and explain fully what you want to achieve rather than the technique. Always insist on a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Benelli (Donut) vs. Lollipop Breast Lift with Breast Aug.

+1

The equation for droop, (ptosis), is too much skin and not enough breast issue.  It looks like you are electing to place some volume and take away some skin.  Without photos or exam what technique is best is hard to say.  You state that you are very self conscious, etc;  Please make sure that you have reasonable expectations.  You state that you can except a "little" sag, and that you already know the lolipop is more approprate for you, but you want the other one anyway...  Please make sure that you have make it clear to your board certified plastic surgeon what you are willing to accept. 

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Lift and implants

+1

Perhaps you should delay the lift until you see how you look with just implants. I am not a fan of the donut mastopexy. It does not give much lift and can flatten out the areola and may be adding unnecessary costs to your procedure.  If you just do the implants you can wait 6 months and see if a donut will really offer you any improvement.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

No such thing as "no scarring" breast lifts

+1

All breast lifts require scars but almost all patients will trade shape for scar.  It is usually  the best plan to get the lift your anatomy requires and not try to get by with less unless you understand what you won't be getting by doing less.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS