Benelli or Lollipop W/ Breast Augmentation (Saline)? (photo)

I was told I could do either or HOWEVER I'm very concerned about scars I'd highly prefer a benelli vs lollipop/anchor cut. What do you think best suits me?

Peri-Areolar Benelli and Vertical Mastopexy Techniques

+2

Benelli is a limited procedure that has the advantage of less scarring as compared to vertical mastopexy procedures.  It is typically a good procedure for reducing enlarged areola but not a good technique for significant breast lifts.  It is recommended to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon so that  your options can be discussed.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Benelli vs. Vertical Mastopexy

+2

This is a frequent question about who is a candidate for a Benelli vs. a vertical mastopexy.  I find that if the only skin you are going to remove is areolar skin then the Benelli lift can work quite well.  The risk is some flattening of the breast and some long term widening of the diameter of the areola.  You will probably get a better long term result with a vertical mastopexy but as long as you understand the difference between the two procedures and have realistic expectations I would think you would do okay.  

Donut or Lollipop lift?

+2

From your photos, it appears that you will benefit more from a vertical lift (lollipop) rather than a Benelli lift (donut).  A donut lift is appropriate if you need very little lifting as it only moves your areola up about 2 cm.  Both will reduce the size of your areolas for a more youthful, aesthetic look.  I realize the scars can be daunting but better to do it right the first time than have to spend more money and recovery time for a secondary procedure.  There are many treatments for scars that you can go over with your PS but be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lollipop will offer better results

+2

While the Benelli lift offers minimal scarring it is better suited for minimal lifts. I think you would have better results from a more traditional mastopexy. You should definitely discuss your scar concerns with your plastic surgeon especially if you have a history of keloids or other pronounced scarring.

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Benelli or Lollipop W/ Breast Augmentation (Saline)?

+2

Dear Sadboobies,

Thank you for your question and photos.  I believe you are a better candidate for lollipop rather than benelli or 'donut' type lift.  The reason is your right side especially needs quite a bit of lifting, and the tissue you are lifting is heavy, not just skin.  You will have re-widening of the areolas and loss of perkiness with the benelli long term.  Here is an example of the lollipop lift.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Both Benelli and Vertical have advantages

+1

When the best results of the Periareolar mastopexy were shown they were obtained using an absorbable mesh to "reshape" the cone of the breast. This is not currently available in US.  Whit your pigmentation, avoidin the vertical scar may have visual (scar advantages) but at a significant trade off with less than Ideal shape. My vote: Vertical!

Manuel M. Pena, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Bennelli v. Lollipop Lift

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  The Benelli lift is good to reduce the size of an overly large areola.  It can  gives a 1 -3 cm lift of the nipple position.  The downside is that it may flatten the dome of the breast if used too aggressively and may leave excess skin at the bottom.  It is more likely to be a disappointment if too large an implant is selected to go with it.  The lollipop lift is more versatile and gives a better shape if a significant lift is required. From your photos I would probably think the vertical lift is better, but the decision should be made in person with an experienced plastic surgeon.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

+1

I might try the donut lift with a "purse string suture" closure. But you may need a revision surgery after 3 months. 

Type of lift

+1

I think you have very large nipple areolar complexes and a donut mastopexy or Bellini I think would serve you well and create a more normal or natueal look.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Binelli or lollipop lift.

+1

I think the lollipop lift will benefit you better than a Binelli. Reduction of the Areola is possible with both, but lifting the ptotic (droopy) tissue is more significant and predictable with the lollipop lift. The tread off is a vertical scar that usually heals very nicely.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon