My surgeon suggested a benelli lift to correct the placement of nipples and also bring the breasts together? (photo)

I am a little over six months post breast augmentation. I am so happy with the results except for the nipples. I expected them to be more centered and not so low. I am about 98% sure I will go through with it, just wondering if this will actually work?

My surgeon suggested a benelli lift to correct the placement of nipples and also bring the breasts together?

+1

Based on your photograph, in my opinion, you may attain better front symmetry by possibly downsizing your right implant along with a circumareolar lift on your right breast. 

As you know, this will come at the cost of a visible scar around your nipple.  These procedures also tend to at least temporarily flatten the anterior portion of your breast, which is not so evident on a photograph, but may be something you notice looking down.  Only you know whether the trade offs are worth the risk, but as some other surgeons have pointed out, sometimes the enemy of good is better.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

+1

Based on the only posted photo and NO in person examination I recommend "leave them alone"!!! Your result is excellent! 

Breast implant revision surgery

+1

More can be the enemy of better. You have some slight asymmetry that was probably present before surgery but otherwise have a very nice result. I think you are playing with fire by getting more surgery. If anything goes wrong you will wish you were back at this stage of the process.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Benelli lift to correct the placement of nipples and also bring the breasts together?

+1

Looking at your picture , it does seem that a Benelli lift could correct the nipple position ( bringing them up and more to the middle line ) .

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

Benelli Lifts for asymmetry

+1

Thanks for your post.  You have a very nice result from your augmentation.  It is hard to fully comment because we do not have your preoperative photos.  From your present photograph I notice a size asymmetry between your right and left as well as the slightly low position of the nipples and the more lateral displacement of the right nipple compared with the left. 

A true Benelli lift separates the skin envelope from the gland circumferentially and utilizes a blocking stitch to control the diameter of the areola.  Most plastic surgeons do not perform a true "Benelli" lift and usually perform a periareolar skin excision to correct mild asymmetry.  The risk of the periareolar lift is that it can flatten your breast mound if too much skin is excised and the late complication is that the areola scars can widen if too much tension is placed around the incision.

One of the drawbacks for this forum is that as a commentator, I lack the most important element in coming up with a decision for surgery, which is an in person consultation.  I trust that you are happy with your surgeon and that he or she is board certified.   I believe that the treatment plan that is outlined is reasonable, however, I would discuss with him or her the expected outcome and potential complications.  Best of luck.

Stephen M. Chen, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon