If I Get a Benelli Lift with my Breast Augmentation Will I Be Able to Go from a B to a DD?

My BWD is 13 and I'm currently a 34B. I would like to get up to a Large D or DD after my breast augmentation. My surgeon suggested 375cc silicone gel moderate profile implant. I was hoping for high profile implants and a considerable size change. Is there a reason he only gave me one option for size?

Implant size

+2

The implant size you mentio will probably not make your DD cup and may only make you a large C, depending on how much breast tissue you already have.  I'm sure your surgeon will be willing to discuss other size options if you ask.  Good luck!

Benelli lift and augmentation

+2

The fact that a Benelli lift was suggested means you may not need much of a lift. There is  tendency for a Benelli or concentric lift to flatten the breast so you would be better off with a high profile implant.  A HP implant will counter act some  of the flattening. I would get another consult as it sounds like you and your PS are  on a different page.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and augmentation

+2

Breast lift combined with breast augmentation is one of the more complex procedures in breast surgery

The reason is that we are dealing with two opposing forces

The implant expanding the skin and lowering the breast fold ,combined with the breast lift tightening the skin and lifting the breast.This is the reason for the high complication rate with this procedure

Furthermore the circumareolar mastopexy causes flatening of the breast and the tension of the implant causes the scar to stretch

So you need to see a well qualified surgeonwho will assess you individual situation

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Hoping for a high profile implant

+2

High profile breast implants are not for everybody, however if you like the look you might need a second opinion. The Benelli or around the nipple breast lift can be a challenge when combined with a very full or projecting implant, as the lift will tend to reduce breast projection, and the late result can be dilatation of the nipple with the pressure of the implant behind.

Breast lift and implant size

+2

Thank you for your question. The decision on the size and shape of breast implant is a very important part of your consultation. It also a mutual decision in which you should bot agree on. In my practice, if a patient desire a larger implant, the best approaches to use a breast sizer during the surgery and the appropriate implant can be placed based on that the breast pocket can accommodate. Based on the information you provided you may benefit from a second consultation.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

+2

If a surgeon goes to the operation with only one implant available for breast enhancement, then I would certainly think you need another consultation. It is totally impossible to know what the implant will look like behind your tissues. Most surgeons will use sizers in the pocket to make the final decision between several possible choices during surgery in order to get the best possible customized fit. As to your question of size, I see no problem in getting to a large D from your current cup size along with the Benelli lift.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Lift with implant?

+2

Without a photo it is very difficult to comment. Usually an increase of every 200cc will increase the cup one size. 

Ronald Schuster, MD

Of I get a Benelli lift with my Brest augmentation, will I be able to go from a B to a DD?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

Depending on your breast characteristics, your tissues may not accommodate the  size implant you desire.   In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Benelli Lift To Increase Breasts Size

+1

A Benelli lift (circumareolar lift) is one with minimal scarring that could give you great results if you have the right qualifications for it (skin laxity, anatomical structure, etc.)

Without photos and physical examination, it is hard to provide you with a definitive opinion.

A DD implant may require a larger implant than 375cc and possible lollipop lift to achieve perky breasts.

I encourage you to consult with several board certified surgeons of ample experience. Only then you will be able to make a well informed decision.

Best of luck to you and thank your for your question.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS