Do I Need a Benelli Lift? Would Really Like to Avoid It? (photo)

I'm scheduled for surgery in about a month. My PS recommended a benelli lift. Can I get away without having one? I am a nearly A and would like to be a full C. He did say that if I was so anxious about the benelli that I might want to wait and see if I'm satisfied with the results and maybe get the lift later if I'm not.

Benelli lift

+2

Hi Ang. I don't think you need one. If the implant is anything above 325 you should be fine. I agree with your ps. If you are unhappy later on a revision of some sort for the areola can be done, but I suspect you won't need to.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a Benelli Lift? Would Really Like to Avoid It?

+1

I think that the wait and see approach is not unreasonable. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-lift-photo-galleries.php

Benelli lift tightens skin envelope

+1

Since you are a size A and want to be a size C, you will definitely need implants.  At size 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  At size 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  From this, you can compute the volume you need to increase your cup size to a C.  Implants require an incision, often a circumareola or an inframammary.  The advantage of doing a simultaneous Benelli lift would be to allow placement of the implant and tightening of your skin envelope, which may give you a more youthful breast.  There is a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift, which uses only a circumareola incision.  The breast is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  This technique produces the same scar as the Benelli but the results are far superior.    

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

You have a number of options which will depend on your current anatomy.  Breast lift plastic surgery can improve the profile of sagging breasts, making breasts look more youthful and perky.Breast lift surgery is done to improve the profile of sagging breasts, changing their position on the body to appear more youthful.  I've posted a video for my preferred breast lift technique for you.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Do Not Get A Bennelli lift!!!

+1

Hi Ang,  There is absolutely no lift required.  A bennelli lift will position your nipple too high which is VERY difficult to correct and leave you with very unsightly scars.  In a patient with your body type, I would strongly recommend the transaxillary (armpit) approach to hide the scars and an anatomically shaped highly cohesive form stable implant (either Allergan 410FM of Sientra Classic oval).  Do not let anyone perform a lift- its a bad idea!  I hope this helps!

Rian A> Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://www.rianmaercksmd.com/before-after-photos/Breast-Surgery/Subfascial-Breast-Augmentation/case137.html

Benelli Lift a Great Procedure

+1

Very hard to tell exactly what you need from the photographs you've submitted but my best guess is that the Benelli mastopexy is the right choice for you.  The circum-areolar scar heals exceedingly well and would allow for your breast tissue to be centered directly over the implants (that should be placed beneath the muscle) giving you perky, youthful breasts.

Web reference: http://www.sadehsurgery.com/breast_lift.htm

Avoid Breast Lift For Now

+1

I would agree  with your thoughts on waiting to do any type of lift later if needed. Make the result from breast implants alone prove that you need some type of areolar change. At the most I would consider a small crescent nipple lift if anything with your implant surgery.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Avoiding a breast lift

+1

It is hard to tell without assessing the quality of your soft tissue but it appears that you would be a good candidate for only a breast augmentation.  I would try to avoid the Benelli type lift as it tends to flatten out the breast.  An implant in the 325 to 350 cc implant should be enough to expand your breast envelope.  

+1

Your surgeon is offering you a very sensible plan. Have the implantation first than allow 3 months of healing. If not happy than under local anesthesia have the Benilli lift (donut lifting). BTW I would recommend at least a 350 cc implant. 

Breast Augmentation v Lift and Augmentation...what to do?? Ask Dr Ellen

+1

Hello Ang378,

I'm so glad that you asked this question because there is an easy answer that will relieve your stress on this decision ~

Why don't you try on breast implant sizers and see what size looks best to you?  Once you know the size that you like, your surgeon should be able to tell you if that implant will be sufficient for an augment alone, or if a lift in addition to the augment would give you better shape, contour and take up the lax skin.

If you are still undecided, then the best idea would be to just do the augment and accept that you may need to commit to a later staged procedure (breast lift) to make the final adjustment.  That is a perfectly reasonable choice.

Thanks for asking!  Dr Ellen

Westport Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.