Benelli Lift + Implants Instead of Lollipop Lift for Large Breasts?

I would very much appreciate your help. I lost 77 lbs. several years. All of my skin snapped back just fine except my breasts. Most people that see me in a swimsuit can't believe I ever lost weight. I'm hoping my good skin "elasticy" will help. I want to get a lift/implants/asymmetry correction. I want to avoid the vertical scar. Is there any way I can get away with it? I would even be willing to have one Benelli-type lift + implants and then go back for another. What do you guys think?

You can avoid a vertical scar

Don't have a breast lift. The Binelli is a poor excuse for a breast lift. When you get saggy breasts, you have too much skin -- you need to have it removed. Binelli lifts leave you with stretched scars, nipples and flat breasts. Other than that it is a great procedure.

Anchor breast lift not Benelli is required for large pendulous breasts

Thank you for your question.  From your photographs it appears you have will need a vertical scar and most likely an anchor breast lift to properly restore your breasts to an uplifted position.  Based on your photographs the Benelli or circumareolar breast lift will be disappointing and will not achieve the result that you desire.

Consequences of an inadequate breast lift

In my opinion, you will achieve the best result with a full breast lift using either a vertical or vertical/horizontal scar mastopexy. IT is quite likely that you will need a breast reduction in combination with a breast lift in order to reduce the sagging (ptotic) breast tissue (parenchyma). If you go with implants or the implant/Benelli, it is my prediction that within 9 months the breast implants will settle and give you a potential "rock in the sock" deformity. Alternatively if the implants remain high, you could develop a "Snoopy" or double bubble deformity.

Breast Lift Options

Hi there-

Unfortunately you are not a candidate for a limited scar breast lift, such as a Benelli type procedure.

Quite often, I see women like yourself with appropriate concerns for the scars of a breast lift. Here's the problem- if you undergo a procedure that cannot achieve your desired breast shape because of the scar you think you want, and then have ugly or funny looking breasts, you won't be happy, right?

If you are going to have a procedure to improve your appearance, doesn't it make more sense to have a procedure VERY LIKELY to give you what you wanted? I think so- especially as the vertical limb of the breast lift scar does NOT need to be unsightly. Please see this photo:

Candidates for Benelli Lift

You are not a candidate for a Benelli lift, which would minimally elevate your nipple and provide no lower pole tightening and elevation. In addition to an inadequate lift with more sagging related to the weight of the implant, the scar around the areola would be quite visible. You need a full lift. Most patients are scared of the vertical scar, however, this is the scar that almost always heals the best and fades with time, and is rarely an issue. Go for the full lift. Most patients do not complain of the scars afterwards, however patients do complain of recurrent sagging!

You need the full lift

Unfortunately, you will be very unhappy with the shape of your breasts with only a Benelli lift (periareolar).  This will leave you flat in front and saggy at the bottom, not a pretty look.  You need a full lift and a moderate implant for the best result.  Always trade shape for scar.

Benelli lift is only for mild sagging

The type of breast lift depends on how far the nipple must be raised to keep it up on the front of the breast. The Benelli lift and other around the nipple techniques are effective for small degrees of ptosis, or to equalize nipple size in an asymmetric breast. With significant weight loss, and sagging of the nipple two to three centimeters or more below the breast fold, a vertical lift will be required.

peterejohnsonmd

Benelli Lift + Implants Instead of Lollipop Lift for Large Breasts

Thanks for the photos. From them my opinion is you require a full lift or a full lift + small implant. Best is to see 3 boarded surgeons in your area. You need the hated "verticle scar" Sorry. 

Attempting a Benelli lift with significant breast droop

I advise you not to consider the Benelli lift with the photos you show, especially if you are also considering an augmentation.  The Benelli / periareolar / donut mastopexy works well for correcting slight nipple positional asymmetries, and since it can slightly move a nipple up, the procedure can technically be called a breast lift.  The problem is, if there is significant force on the scar (such as a real lift, or added volume of implants), the scars tend to stretch out and the nipples look bad.  I'd wager that you would rather choose perky breasts with nice areolas and a good vertical scar rather than droopy breasts with strange / stretched out areola.  Look thru this website a bit - I have seen some patients who have posted bad Benelli pictures trying to find advice for a repair.   In most cases, they were better suited for a vertical or anchor incision breast lift, but wanted to see if they could get away with the shorter scar.  Please watch my video on breast lifts--I think you will find it educational.  (The YouTube version has nipple covers, so look at the one on my site to see the scars clearly.)

Dr.B

Breast lift with implants

Congratulations on your weight loss.  I understand your hesitation to have a vertical scar on your breasts.  That being said given the amount of extra skin that you have I do not believe that you will get a good result from a Bennelli mastopexy alone.  It simply will not tighten your skin enough in my opinion.   Good luck with your decision and surgery.