Benelli Lift + Implants Instead of Lollipop Lift for Large Breasts?

I would very much appreciate your help. I lost 77 lbs. several years. All of my skin snapped back just fine except my breasts. Most people that see me in a swimsuit can't believe I ever lost weight. I'm hoping my good skin "elasticy" will help. I want to get a lift/implants/asymmetry correction. I want to avoid the vertical scar. Is there any way I can get away with it? I would even be willing to have one Benelli-type lift + implants and then go back for another. What do you guys think?

You can avoid a vertical scar

+4

Don't have a breast lift. The Binelli is a poor excuse for a breast lift. When you get saggy breasts, you have too much skin -- you need to have it removed. Binelli lifts leave you with stretched scars, nipples and flat breasts. Other than that it is a great procedure.

Anchor breast lift not Benelli is required for large pendulous breasts

+2
Thank you for your question.  From your photographs it appears you have will need a vertical scar and most likely an anchor breast lift to properly restore your breasts to an uplifted position.  Based on your photographs the Benelli or circumareolar breast lift will be disappointing and will not achieve the result that you desire.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Consequences of an inadequate breast lift

+2

In my opinion, you will achieve the best result with a full breast lift using either a vertical or vertical/horizontal scar mastopexy. IT is quite likely that you will need a breast reduction in combination with a breast lift in order to reduce the sagging (ptotic) breast tissue (parenchyma). If you go with implants or the implant/Benelli, it is my prediction that within 9 months the breast implants will settle and give you a potential "rock in the sock" deformity. Alternatively if the implants remain high, you could develop a "Snoopy" or double bubble deformity.

Benelli (periareolar lift) vs vertical lollipup lift.

+2

Generally speaking I reserve the periareolar lift for mild case of breast ptosis. This operation reduces the breast skin around the areola and causes some flatness (lack of projection) I have pre. Op and post op photos of both procedures on my web site. A vertical lift is a more powerful procedure and provides you with a better nipple projection. So remember the results are not equal.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

For BEST results - in this case a Short Scar Breast Lift is the BEST Option

+2

Regarding:  "Benelli Lift + Implants Instead of Lollipop Lift for Large Breasts?
I would very much appreciate your help. I lost 77 lbs. several years. All of my skin snapped back just fine except my breasts. Most people that see me in a swimsuit can't believe I ever lost weight. I'm hoping my good skin "elasticy" will help. I want to get a lift/implants/asymmetry correction. I want to avoid the vertical scar. Is there any way I can get away with it? I would even be willing to have one Benelli-type lift + implants and then go back for another. What do you guys think?"

There are many Breast Lift (Mastopexy) techniques. Unfortunately, what most Non-Plastic Surgeons , many wannabee plastic surgeons and unfortunately few Plastic surgeons fail to understand is that these techniques are NOT interchangeable options or alternative.

Just as getting the best job done requires choosing the right materials and tools, getting the best results in Plastic Surgery require making the right diagnosis and based on it choosing the best operation for THAT diagnosis / condition.

While minimal amount of breast sagging may be addressed with a crescent lift or a periareolar breast lift (of which the Benelli is but one such method), these methods are utterly useless and bordering on foolish when applied to someone with "real" breast sagging such as your condition. Compounding the choice of the wrong Breast Lift technique by adding a breast implant further complicates the problem - making it harder to correct in a predictably needed revision operation. ALL of us see women with your degree of breast sagging who convinced their surgeon to pick  ANY other " way I can get away with it" instead of having a vertical scar. The results at best are mediocre and short-lasting. Most commonly the results are poor. Doing such an operation without educating the patients is the proverbial stealing defeat out of the jaws of victory.

I would strongly advise you to reconsider and look into having a Hall-Findlay Short Scar Breast Lift.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Breast Lift Options

+2

Hi there-

Unfortunately you are not a candidate for a limited scar breast lift, such as a Benelli type procedure.

Quite often, I see women like yourself with appropriate concerns for the scars of a breast lift. Here's the problem- if you undergo a procedure that cannot achieve your desired breast shape because of the scar you think you want, and then have ugly or funny looking breasts, you won't be happy, right?

If you are going to have a procedure to improve your appearance, doesn't it make more sense to have a procedure VERY LIKELY to give you what you wanted? I think so- especially as the vertical limb of the breast lift scar does NOT need to be unsightly. Please see this photo:

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Candidates for Benelli Lift

+2

You are not a candidate for a Benelli lift, which would minimally elevate your nipple and provide no lower pole tightening and elevation. In addition to an inadequate lift with more sagging related to the weight of the implant, the scar around the areola would be quite visible. You need a full lift. Most patients are scared of the vertical scar, however, this is the scar that almost always heals the best and fades with time, and is rarely an issue. Go for the full lift. Most patients do not complain of the scars afterwards, however patients do complain of recurrent sagging!

Hayley Brown, MD

You need the full lift

+2

Unfortunately, you will be very unhappy with the shape of your breasts with only a Benelli lift (periareolar).  This will leave you flat in front and saggy at the bottom, not a pretty look.  You need a full lift and a moderate implant for the best result.  Always trade shape for scar.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Benelli lift is only for mild sagging

+2

The type of breast lift depends on how far the nipple must be raised to keep it up on the front of the breast. The Benelli lift and other around the nipple techniques are effective for small degrees of ptosis, or to equalize nipple size in an asymmetric breast. With significant weight loss, and sagging of the nipple two to three centimeters or more below the breast fold, a vertical lift will be required.

peterejohnsonmd

Benelli Lift + Implants Instead of Lollipop Lift for Large Breasts

+2

Thanks for the photos. From them my opinion is you require a full lift or a full lift + small implant. Best is to see 3 boarded surgeons in your area. You need the hated "verticle scar" Sorry.