Safe to Have Benelli Lift with Implant at the Same Time?

My doctor told me that he doesn't feel comfortable doing those Benelli Lift with breast implants at once. He would do one or the other. But what if I need to do both? I've seen it done on other people. He said that the scar would be pulled and it wouldn't come out right.

Circum-areolar lift and breast augmentation

+1
  The combination of these two procedures can be done safely.  It is important that it’s done in an appropriate candidate.  If the breasts are too droopy, than this combination will produce un-attractive and un-natural looking breasts.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Benelli lift with implants

+1

A benelli lift with augmentation can be done safely at one time depending on the severity and complexity of the case. A photo would have been helpful to determine whether you are a good candidate for these procedures to be done at one stage. However, many women benefit significantly from one recovery period and the 2 procedures. The benelli lift also allows the surgeon to reduce the size of the areolas if necessary to improve the overall look of the breasts. I recommend consulting with other board certified plastic surgeons to discuss the best and safest possible options for your case. Bringing in photos of the look you would like to acheive may be very helpful to the surgeon to determine what procedures would be best for your case. Good luck and take care.

Benelli Lift and Implants are safe

+1

It is safe to perform a Benelli  lift and implants at the same time. However, some surgeons may not have experience performing this combination. A good surgeon is a surgeon who knows his or her limits. You should thank your surgeon for being honest and keeping your well-being as his or her first priority. At this stage, ask your surgeon what they would recommend and if you're still interested in performing this combination surgery consider obtaining a second opinion with a board-certified plastic surgeon that is well experienced in this combination. In our practice, we commonly perform the Benelli lift with implants. Our patients appreciate the lift and minimal scarring that are provided by the Benelli lift and the new fullness and improved cleavage that the implants contribute.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Breast lift and Benelli, and implants

+1

I do this all the time. There are so many women who just need a small lift with the implant placement. For the right candidate it is a home run!

Benelli breast lift should be done together with breast augmentation.

+1

Hi.

In New York City, breast lift (with a circular scar around the nipples) together with breast implants is one of the more common procedures we do.  Very low complication rate.  So consult another board certified plastic surgeon.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

A periareolar lift and implant can be done together

+1

A periareolar lift can be done essentially always with an implant augmentation as a single operation.  It doesn't hurt to separate them but then you need two recoveries and two anesthetics.  I have some examples on my web site if you are interested.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Your doctor's advice may be sage...

+1

Excellent results are frequently achieved by placing an implant at the same time as doing a "Benelli" lift (though most so-called "Benelli" lifts done in the United States are not truly Benellis.)

Nonetheless, the combination of a lift with a scar around the areola and an implant remains one of the highest areas of litigation in all of plastic surgery. That is a fact. And tehe complicatiosn are frequently not due to surgeon technical error; most often it is due to the mechanics of the interplay between the patients tissues and implant.

When it is done wisely on small breasts, with small implants, and a small amount of droop, the results can be good.

But if done on large and heavy breasts, breasts with large implants, or breasts that have a large amount of droop, the results of a single stage procedure (and even a two stage benelli/aug) can be problematic and even disastrous.

If your surgeon thinks that your best result would be achieved by not doing this in one stage, you probably should take that advice very seriously. You don't know if your size, droop, tissue type, and implant size is the same as your friend that did it. And because they got away with it, doesn't mean that you will. And remember, there are plenty of other women who did it and ended up with a problem.

If another plastic surgeon across town tells you that they can do it in one stage, perhaps they can. But if the first doctor is a qualified plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, I'd consider his or her advice seriously before taking a more expedient and perhaps less wise approach.

Steven Teitelbaum, MD

Periareolar lift and implants safe

+1

In general, it is safe to perform a periareolar lift and breast implants placement at the same time. However, it all depends on the specifics of the procedure. A periareolar incision makes an incision circumferentially around the nipple and areola. A subgalndular placement of an implant then requires dissection of a pocket on the undersurface of the gland. Boold flow must then go through the breast tissue but around the implant to get to the nipple. Doing a wide dissection on a small breast and then placing a relatively large implant in the subglandular position risks depriving the nipple of blood flow. In addition, a large implant will spread the skin just as the periareolar lift is trying to reduce the skin. This contradictory goal and the resulting tension can cause healing problems or at least spreading of the scar and/or widening of the areolar that then defeats the purpose of the lift. With careful planning and reasonable expectations, the two procedures might be able to be performed simultaneously.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Breast augmentation and lift could be performed safely

+1

Breast augmentation and lift could be done at the same time if the surgeon would perceive this is a safe procedure for you.

Several factors are important to identify: Smoking history, degree of lift required, and the size of the implant needed. Best of luck.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Breast lift

+1

The original Benelli mastopexy (breast lift) was a fairly involved procedure, part of which included placing a circular, purse-string suture around the areola. While the original Benelli procedure is not as frequently performed, the circular suture is and is often referred to as a Benelli procedure. Some plastic surgeons prefer to do breast augmentation and mastopexy as two separate surgeries. Others are comfortable doing both together. I suggest you consult with one or two other American Board of Plastic Surgery certified plastic surgeons so you can have the opinions of several doctors. You can find names of ABPS plastic surgeons in your area by going to:

www.plasticsurgery.org

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD