Benelli Lift and 550cc Hp Gel Implants? (photo)

I am 2 weeks post op and when I went for my 5 day post op visit I was very concerned as I had a benelli lift and gel implants when the bandage was removed I had black skin that looks like scabs my dr told me to stop the exercises and to put ointment on with a pad over and it should be ok. I had to go back a few days later due to the pain around the incisions of both breast and the increase of the black area around the incisions the dr did say I had an infection and put me on 2 antibiotics help!

Benelli Lift and 550cc Hp Gel Implants?

+1

Based upon the history and posted photos you have skin edge necrosis. Caused by the increases tension of the closure. Local care will most likely correct but scarring can occur. 

Benelli lift and skin issues

+1

Sometimes the skin around the periphery can develop epidermolysis which may be superficial or deep.  Best to follow closely with your surgeon.

Dark skin edge after Benelli lift

+1

It looks like there is a lot of tension on the skin envelope and nipple areolar complex from the periareolar lift and 550 cc High profile implant. This leads to poor tissue blood perfusion and tissue necrosis. You are right in following up closely with your PS. The black area will declare itself. Good luck !!

Mytien Goldberg, MD

Benelli Breast Lift and 550 cc silicone implants at 2 Weeks

+1

The recommendations provided by your surgeon seem appropriate.  If this is a superficial area of necrosis, the healing should proceed well and likely heal without additional adverse event.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Benelli Lift and 550cc Hp Gel Implants? (

+1

Some things are difficult to judge from photos alone,and this is one. I can't tell if I am looking at scabs with clotted blood, or darkened skin that has bee deprived of blood supply. 

The good news is the area is small and the adjacent area looks ok. Keeping the incision environment moist (antibiotic ointment) and taking antibiotics other than topical ones alone, as your surgeon has recommended seems appropriate. If you feel that anything is getting worse, call your surgeon promptly. All the best.

Benelli Lift

+1

It appears that you ahve had some blood flow compromise to the area. What your surgeon is recommending seems appropriate. If there is a small infection it needs to be controlled with antibiotics. Using topical antibiotic ointment can be helpful if your surgeon agrees. Once things are controlled the areas will heal over time and your surgeon should follow you closely for this.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon