Can I Get a Benelli Lift to Acheive a Small Lift but More Importantly a Reduced Aerola?

I've had my implants for 2 years through crease. Even before surgery I wanted my aerolas reduced but doc suggested implant would make overall appearance better. I still want the aerolas reduced and was wondering if by performing the benelli lift I can obtain a slight lift enough to move aerola a tad bit higher; nothing extreme, just slightly. Most important to me is to reduce the aerola in size. Also, do I need to be put to sleep for this procedure? Thanks

Reducing large areolas

+2

Hi,

A donut mastopexy is an excellent way to reduce the size of your areolas and provide a slight lift as you desire. Because it's a 'skin' only procedure, it can easily be done under local anesthetic .Best wishes Dr H. 

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Benelli lift to reduce areola

+2

Yes, if you a looking for a minor lift and a reduction in your areola, then a Benelli lift may be your best option.  Without pictures or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Benelli Lift

+2

The Benelli lift will reduce the areola size and lift the breast.  The surgeon needs to be careful not to try to do too much in that this technique will tend to flatten the breast.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Benelli for small lift and/or areola reduction

+2

Hello, That's the exact indication for a benelli. Using the benelli, also known as the purse string mastopexy, for bigger lifts usually results in poor outcomes. Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Lift and areola reduction

+2

It sounds like you are a good candidate for this but photos would really help- it all depends on exactly how much lift you want.  I have found that Benelli's don't lift the whole breast very well, they merely move the nipple up higher.  A vertical lift works better if you have skin excess.  Either one will reduce the areola size.  

Tiffany McCormack, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Benelli lift or circumareola lift

+2

I think for mild ptosis or enlarged areola, a circumareola reduction can do the trick in many cases.  I use a permanent internal suture.

+2

Great question I wished you had posted photos. The answer is yes to reducing the areolar diameter/circumference. yes to a small elevation and/or lift, and I do these under local anesthesia. 

Procedure to lift and reduce my areolas?

+2

A Benelli breast lift or circumareolar breast lift is the ideal procedure to decrease the size of the areolas, make them more symmetric, and provide a mild lift (about 2 centimeters). The procedure can be performed with local anesthesia with or without sedation.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Benelli breast lift will make your areolas smaller.

+2

Hi.

You sound like an ideal candidate. Benelli breast lift will make your areolas smaller, and give you a mod rate lift.  We often do this together with implants.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Benelli Mastopexy

+2

Your aesthetic goals all seem reasonable. You can perform the Benelli Mastopexy ("Donut Mastopexy", "Periareolar Mastopexy") to both reduce the size of your areola diameter as well as raise it's position one to two centimeters. If you need a larger repositioning of your implant, the options become more complicated, and may require a vertical mastopexy and the possiblity of exchanging your current implants for a smaller size. You should become familar with the downsizes of the Benelli technique. If performed to raise your areolas too high, it can potentially flatten out your breast, leading toward a less projected appearance.

Jeffrey D. Hoefflin, MD