Is Beneli an Option?

I had 300 saline Mods put in. I was a deflated B. During pregnancy I was a D. My Dr. suggested slightly larger implants, but I didnt want to be too big.Now, I feel the breasts are not tight. He says I shouldve gone bigger, but couldn't I do a lift to remove the extra skin and stay the same size but tighter? I would like an aerola reduction too. He says the scarring isn’t worth it. I thought beneli left no scars?I don't want bigger implants, but I want them firmer

Lift Or Bigger Implants

+3
Many times an implant alone can correct minor sagging. However as sagging increases the larger the implant needed and eventually an implant alone is not sufficient. You are then faced with the decision of what lifting technique to use. I occasionally use the Benilli lift in cases when minimal lifting is needed and the patient wishes a smaller areola. There are limits to how much lifting and how small you can make the areola. Without seeing photos of you it is not possible to make a recommendation. Consider a second opinion from another BC plastic surgeon in your area to see what is best for you. good luck.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Benelli lift leaves scars just like any lift technique!

+3

The Benelli technique is one I have used for years, and I must say that because of the scars and the relative inability to achieve reasonable lifts with this procedure, I rarely use this technique any more. Whenever you make a large circle (with its larger circumference) fit a smaller circle (the smaller size you want your areola to become, with its own smaller circumference) in order to attempt to lift more, the greater the discrepancy, and the more scalloped and irregular the scar.

Skin stretch and elasticity can help accommodate some amount of circumference discrepancy, but the scars are just not that good, no matter how skillful and precise you are with your suture technique, and the results are just not that dramatic. Vertical and lollipop lifts are modified lifts designed to reduce scars as well, and the "standard" and most common Wise pattern ("anchor" pattern), has the most scars but the best ability to shape the skin brassiere and yield a pleasing final result. There are trade-offs with everything, aren't there?

If you are adamant about not going bigger, then you need a lift, and the Benelli or "donut" mastopexy are the techniques with the least scars, and the most minimal results. If you want perky and tight, you probably need a full lift, but that is for you and your examining surgeon to decide. See the link below for a similar case to yours.

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Scaring around the areola after the Benelli Breast Lift

+2

The Benelli leaves scars and is not for you.  The Benelli is a donut excision that may work in tiny breast lifts but in larger breast and breasts with implants the results are often not attractive.    Remember that 100% of surgery leaves scars.  The plastic surgeon does his best to keep these acceptable but ther is always a scar.  With the Benellis I have seen the scars are too often not ideal.  I do not like this procedure and feel there are many better options.  My Best,  Dr Commons

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Is a Benelli lift the best option?

+1

Very often if you do not wish to go with a larger prosthesis and the nipple areola only needs to be moved a very short distance in the upward direction, then I have found the Benelli procedure quite helpful. Also in cases where the nipple areola is somewhat larger than ideal, a properly done Benelli can diminish its size without subsequent stretching. It is not meant for significant elevation, which is where the vertical or lollipop mastopexy incisions are more appropriate. As mentioned by others, any surgical incision will create a scar but over time a periareolar one is generally quite acceptable and less obvious along the areola margin. 

The key to benelli lifts is knowing its limitations. Since you want to maintain your current size plus favor "firmer" and "tighter" over minimal scaring, a vertical lift is probably your best bet. Furthermore, you can also reduce the aerola size with a vertical mastopexy while avoiding the tension issues inherent in a benelli. 

William F. DeLuca Jr, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Benelli Mastopexy and Breast Augmentation

+1

Hello SoFlaGirl,

I'm glad you stuck to your guns about your implant size.  Larger implants will rarely help the problem of a sagging breast and only make you larger than you want to be.  Your issue is with your breast tissue 'envelope' around the implant, and this can be improved upon with some sort of mastopexy or breast lift.

There are a few different types of breast lifts, one of which is appropriate for your breast shape and size.  I do not have the benefit of seeing your current appearance in photograph, so I can not comment on whether a Benelli or circumareolar mastopexy would be right for you.  However, I can tell you that just as using large implants to lift the breast is inappropriate, so is using a Benelli lift  for a breast that would be better served with a 'lollypop' or vertical mastopexy.  The Benelli lift when misapplied will leave you with results that are less than satisfactory: a thickened scar, a pleated scar, re-expanded areola, mis-shapened areola, flattening of the breast mound, and recurrent sagging below the areola.

Please go see a few revision breast specialists for consultation who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and are preferably also members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.  I think you will be well taken care of by one of them.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

The Benelli lift does leave a scar

+1

If your impression was that the around the nipple breast lift dose not leave a scar you are mistaken. With a blocking suture to help support the nipple size, the scar can be acceptable. A larger breast implant will take up the excess skin, though you should be careful about whether the size increase is the correct trade-off for you.

peterejohnsonmd

Is Beneli an Option?

+1

In Miami there are many boarded PS's to see. If you leave me out of the mix, I recommend Dr L. Roudner, Dr J. Cassel, Dr Alan Secure, Dr D Kane, Dr C. Noreiga, Dr S McDonald, Sr T Zaydon just to name a few boarded PS's in MIAMI 

Benelli breast lift scars

+1

The benelli or circumareolar mastopexy can provide breast tightening and lift, but is best suited for more milder levels of sagging and skin excess. One of the problems with this procedure is that it can ultimately produce  an actually wider areola over time and at times an irregular scar. The advantage is that the vertical scar component is avoided. Although the vertical or lolly pop procedure produces the extra scar it allows better nipple elevation and breast shape and more control over areolar diameter. Additionally, the scars , although longer, are generally of better quality.It is best to look at multiple examples of these scars and see if the contour improvements are worth the scar tradeoffs.

David A. Bottger, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Benelli mastopexy scars

+1

All surgical procedures, including Benelli breast lifts leave some scars.  The Benelli mastopexy leaves a scar around the areola.  This tends to be well hidden by the contrast of color between the areola and the surrounding skin.  It does have it's limitations, and the scar can stretchout/widen.

To best answer your questions we would need to see some pictures.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Is Beneli an Option?

+1

The Louis Benelli's operation is a periareolar approach to breast ptosis(sagging).

It leaves a circular scar while reducing the areolar size.The scar may be more or less visible like any other scars.

This technique spares your breasts the "anchor" or the "lollipop" scars.

The benelli approach  has its own limitations and the good outcome requires of you to find a surgeon who is very familiar  with the technique.

Erel Laufer, MD