What Are the Benefits of Tip Rhinoplasty?

Hi. I have always been extremely self-conscious about my nose. I have an extremely low self-esteem and I feel like if I don't do something about it I will feel this way the rest of my life.

Do you think I would benefit from tip Rhinoplasty? Cost and healing are significant with just doing the tip Rhinoplasty I believe?

I also just hope it could be done in a way that looks like it was my natural nose (born with it) and not entirely noticeable that I have had Rhinoplasty done. Could I benefit from it?

What are the benefits of tip Rhinoplasty?

+2

Hi Logic,

Just ask Rudolph about the benefits of tiplasty, granted his swelling and redness have persisted longer than normal.

The benefits of tiplasty are a more defined, sculpted nasal tip, as well as an appropiate nasal-labial (lip) angle, and a tip that blends with the rest of the nose and face.

If the appearance your nose has been bothering you for a long time and creating self-consciousness, and your tip is what concerns you, then rhinoplasty will help you. Rhinoplasty will not change your life or your self-esteem. Those are things that you need to work on outside of the operating room (See Dr. Rand's sage advice that he has given you in his answer, I couldn't agree more with what he said).

The cost is relative, the healing period is about one to two weeks, but the surgery can be performed so that you end up with a natural looking result. The key is taking your time and choosing your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.

Good luck and be well, healthy 2010.

Dr. P

Tipplasty

+1

A tipplasty will create a more refined and defined tip that will make it more proportionate with the rest of the nose and face.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

It is reasonable to expect imrovement in your tip with a rhinoplasty. See an experienced surgeon to determine if  the rest of your nose will be proportional after surgery if only the tip is changed. A good surgeon will question your motivation. Will tip surgery really improve your poor self esteem?

Tip Rhinoplasty for a Bifid Tip

+1

Your nose tip can be immensely improved with a tip rhinoplasty. The reason for the bifid tip (some of my patients described it as a "butt nose") is a wider than normal separation between the paired lower lateral cartilages which make up the tip.

In a tip rhinoplasty these two cartilages can be refined and placed together doing away with the cleft. That would give you a nice result.

It is important though to ascertain the appearance of the rest of the nose the tip would be seated on. Although sometimes, only a tip rhinoplasty needs to be done, in other cases, other parts of the nose need to be corrected to achieve a better harmony.

Dr. P. Aldea

Benefits of tip rhinoplasty

+1

A tip rhinoplasty can certainly make the nose more symmetrical and remove any cleft between the domes of the nasal tip. Occasionally, a tip plasty can be performed by itself, but it is important to make sure that the new tip then balances with the rest of the nose. The remainder of the nose has to be well-balanced with the face prior to only doing a tip plasty. The tip plasty itself costs about half as much as a full rhinoplasty.

Tip rhinoplasty great way for improving the nose in the right patient

+1

Tip rhinoplasty is a great way to improve the appearance of the nose but often times it is just as important to make the bridge or dorsum blend in harmony with the tip. Rhinoplasty can dramatically improve your self esteem if in fact your low self esteem is directly related to your appearance but that is a question that you should answer with your health provider.

Jason B. Diamond, MD

Tip rhinoplasty is not a solution to low self esteem.

+1

Your tip can be done to make it less broad and more refined, but that is probably not going to give you a great improvement in self esteem. You might consider discussing this with a therapist and postponing surgery--surgeons can always operate at a later date.

Tip rhinoplasty is not guaranteed to improve self-esteem

+1

Hi, yes it appears as if you could undergo a tip rhinoplasty. However, it's not guaranteed to improve your self-esteem. You should frankly discuss this concern with your surgeon when you go in for a consult, as you wouldn't want to undergo surgery for a result that may not be achieved. Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Tip rhinoplasty could benefit you

+1

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way about yourself from the shape of your nose. Tip rhinoplasty would be able to "sharpen" your tip, decrease its broadness, and elevate its angle slightly. A tip only rhinoplasty can be performed under local anesthesia and may be more reasonable financially than you might think. Before you embark on this change, make sure your surgeon examines your breathing and other structural components of your nose.

Remember, cosmetic surgery and rhinoplasty may give you more confidence, but true self esteem comes from within!

Charles K. Lee, MD

Nose job (rhinoplasty) and self esteem

+1

Thre is no way to know if you will be pleased. An unsightly nose tip should not be the cause of low self esteeem and therefore fixing it will not necessarily cause your self esteem to be restored. This is an issue you should explore in greater depth and not seek a "quick fix" though cosmetic surgery unless this is the problem that is solely responsible for your loss of dignity.