What are the benefits are of liposuction so it can help me decide if I should proceed or not?

Pros of liposuction

+1

Liposuction helps to lessen full areas that may be resistent to diet and exercise.  It helps to contour the body with minimal incisions.  It is not a substitute for diet and exercise and is not a good option for weight loss.  

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Benefits of liposuction

+1

Liposuction is a body contouring surgical procedure. it is intended to smooth out local deposits of fat that can be a challenge if diet and exercise alone arent enough. it is NOT a treatment for obesity. it is NOT a treatment to lower your lipid levels in the blood to prevent conditions like heart attack and stroke. it is not a treatment for people with slow metabolism who tend to gain weight even without over eating. it is also not intended for patients with body dysmorphic disorders who think and feel that they are fat but in fact are not. if u wish to get liposuction u will have to ask your self a very simple question: what is it that i want improved? and discuss that in great details with your surgeon. and take it from there

Misbah Khan, MD

Benefits of Liposuction

+1
If you suffer from fat deposits that are stubborn and inherently resistant to diet and exercise, liposuction is a great option. I would recommend Vaser Liposuction, which is a low-energy ultrasound-assisted liposculpture procedure that melts fat tissue before it is suctioned away. This results in a less traumatic surgery with phenomenal, sculpturesque results. This technology facilitates maximal skin retraction by allowing your surgeon to work as close as possible to the skin, without causing burns or other complications. Working in close proximity to the skin allows it to tighten effectively over the newly crafted abdominal muscles and waistline, for a taut, athletic look.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Liposuction removes areas of fat resistant to diet and exercise

+1

I am sure you are aware that liposuction is for body contouring, not weight loss. Most people have areas of fat that doesn't diminish with diet and exercise, creating disproportions. The fat cells in these areas behave differently than others so by removing them with liposuction a permanent change can be achieved. If you are considering lipo then keep in mind that the most important thing is an experienced surgeon, not the "brand" of the technology.

Richard Baxter, MD

Benefits of Liposuction

+1

In short, the benefits are largely cosmetic in nature by improving your body contours with fat removal.  There have been some studies that also show improvement in your body's ability to maintain normal blood sugar levels after liposuction, but this does not make liposuction the "cure" for diabetes!  Also, don't neglect asking about the risks in addition to the benefits of liposuction.  A qualified plastic surgeon can provide details of all risks and benefits.

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon