Would I Benefit from a Tummy Tuck?

I am 27 with three kids. i gained 80+ pounds with my first child as well as getting PUPS in my third trimester. i have HUGE stretchmarks deep and wide and long from my pubic bone all about three inches above my belly button and the wide ones are on my sides. i recently had my gallbladder and appendix removed in two seperate surgeries. as well as a lumpectomy in my right breast which the surgeon totally ruined as now my nipple in invertes and it makes it painful

Tummy Tuck

+1

If you are done having kids and you've reached your goal weight, then you may be a candidate for a tummy tuck.  A tummy tuck (also called abdominoplasty) is a very popular cosmetic surgery procedure. A tummy tuck can be an effective tool for shaping and sculpting the body for better body appearance and improved self esteem.

Sometimes no amount of diet and exercise can create a flat tummy. Tummy tuck plastic surgery actually tightens abdominal muscles and removes excess fat and skin from the stomach area to create a tighter, slimmer, smoother belly. A tummy tuck can be combined with other procedures such as liposuction of your waists or flanks (i.e. love handles) to fine tune your result.

Patients choose abdominoplasty cosmetic surgery for a number of reasons, including:
Excess abdominal skin following weight loss; Weight gain (beer belly or spare tire) from a sedentary lifestyle; Abdominal fat that is resistant to diet and exercise; Stretched stomach muscles from pregnancy; Desire for a thinner profile; Desire to look younger and fitter; Desire to fit into clothes better.

I recommend you visit with an ASPS member plastic surgeon to further explore your options and to find out if you are a candidate for this procedure.
Best wishes!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Abdominoplasty candidate?

+1

I agree with Dr. Pousti. An exam is required to determine your goals, your anatomy and the scars from the gall bladder and appendectomy. If you are finished child-bearing and near your goal weight you are likely a good candidate, but seek a reputable plastic surgeon in your area to discuss.

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+1

It is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination and/or viewing pictures. The ideal candidate for tummy tuck surgery is a healthy woman who has completed pregnancies and who has achieved a long-term stable weight.

You would be best served by in person consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm