Would I Benefit from Rhinoplasty And/or Teeth,lip, and Jaw Work for Big Nose/small Mouth? (photo)

Hello, my nose takes away from my features. It looks very big when I smile and "puffs". I don't mind my slight droop but wish my nose was slimmer/smaller overall. I'm fine with it from the side profile views so I don't know if rhinoplasty would ruin my profile view. I have had braces before that actually changed the shape of my face a little because my teeth were pushed forward thus making the nose less prominent. I also do not like the drop chin/U chin when I smile.

Slim down the nose

+2

A conservative narrowing of the tip, bridge and mid-vault would be the most beneficial closed rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty questions

+1

Hey, it's you again! Thanks for the additional photos. You are a great candidate for a rhinoplasty. Go on a few consult already!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty with tip refinement

+1

Thank you for the pictures.  I feel that a conservative rhinoplasty directed at refining the nasal tip and slightly narrowing the bridge on frontal view would help your nose to achieve better balance with the rest of your face.  Tip modification with sutures and conservative cartilage removal will help to sculpt the tip and remove its bulbous appearance.  Increasing tip support with a columellar strut will help to prevent the tip from drooping when you smile.  I suggest you visit a board certified surgeon specializing in rhinoplasty for careful exam and consultation.  Good Luck!

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and refinement

+1

Certain aspects to refinement of the nose will depend upon the thickness of your tissues.  It is best to go for a consulation in person.

Slimming the Nose with Rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose could be slimmed down from the bridge to the tip in the frontal view with rhinoplasty. This will not change the shape of your nose in profile to any degree. This can be demonstrated by some computer imaging which can show these potential changes in multiple views. This will help your overall face look a little slimmer as well.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty for the large nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty with hump removal ,narrowing the bridge and refinement and projection of your tip would benefit u most. 

Nasal Tip Surgery

+1

Your profile is good while your tip is broad and amenable to improvement.I think it would be  useful to see the potential change with computer imaging prior to making a final decision as to whether or not you have  surgery.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Tip and Nasal Base Wide

+1

Both the tip and the nasal base (where the puffing is occurring) can be reduced as well as the bony width.  The profile does not necessarily have to change.