Can I Benefit from Revision Rhinoplasty, What Are Your Recommendations?

Hi, it's been a little over 10 months since my open rhinoplasty procedure. I am very disappointed with the results and it's been stressing me out because my appearance is crucial for my career. My nose apparently is dropping a lot more than expected and you can see more septum from the side view that I would like. Also, when I animate, smile, or laugh it turns into a snarl.

Considering Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I need to see better pictures to answer your question. Please go to my website for instructions on how to take pictures for nasal evaluation. However the columella can be raised to decrease the septal exposure you describe.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

I know you tried to provide good photos but unfortunately they are not adequate enough to give you a precise answer. I've specialized in facial plastic surgery since 1988 and have done a lot of primary and revision rhinoplasties. Over the years the percentage of revision rhinoplasties has increased and become a greater and greater percentage of my overall number of rhinoplasties.  To become good at revision work takes years of experience, the ability to honestly critique your own work over time and some god given talent. I would suggest that you find plastic and/or facial plastic surgeons that have over 20 years of experience and perform a high volume of revision rhinoplasties. Look at photos and interview with at least 3 separate physicians. Let them evaluate your nose and go with the one who you feel is the most qualified. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon