Will I Benefit from Lip Aumgentation? (photo)

My lips are uneven, closed and while smiling. I am uncertain if lip augmentation will correct the asymmetry. I still want them to look natural and not very different--but just plumped up on the one side where the top lip seems to curve upward. Is this possible to even out without looking artificial? What procedure would work and for how long would results last? Answers would be greatly appreciated : )

Will I benefit from lip augmentation?

+1

We all have some degree of asymmetry, and the asymmetry evident in your photo is minimal. Filler can help with asymmetry while also adding volume. In general, I like to use Juvederm for the lips. It is very soft and yields a great looking and natural result. A conservative amount of Juvederm may be a good option, and can yield a great result when the treatment is performed by an experienced specialist. An exam would be necessary to tell for sure. I would recommend a consult with a board certified dermatologist, facial plastic surgeon, or plastic surgeon. They will be able to evaluate your needs in person and provide you with a recommendation following an assessment. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Will I Benefit from Lip Aumgentation?

+1

The lips, as shown in the photos, are not that far from the aesthetic ideal ratio. You certainly can have Lip Augmentation, with fillers like Restylane and Juvederm but beware...this will not in my opinion have a significant impact on your overall level of attractiveness.  It might be  beneficial for you to read more about the most important aesthetic features for facial beauty before pinning too much hope for a major change from augmenting your lips.  Hope this helps.

Lip Augmentation

+1

Lip enhancement is great for making the lips more symmetrical and of course fuller. It's always good to start with a temporary filler like Juvederm first to make sure you like the results.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Lip asymmetry

+1

First, I will say that everyone is asymmetric wherever there are two sides to something( lips, hand and feet, chest,etc..)  Fillers can certainly adjust differences in volume.

Lip Asymmetry

+1

For lip asymmetry, fillers are a great option as it can be placed in the areas needed to help create more symmetry.  For a more permanent option, a customized lip implant is possible.  However, an in-person evaluation and consultation is recommended to determine the best option for you.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Lip Augmentation for Asymmetry

+1

Asymmetry of the lips can easily be corrected with injectable fillers. There is no need for surgery or implants. There are different types of fillers, both temporary and permanent. While I inject a variety of fillers into the lips, I prefer liquid injectable silicone the most as it is very precise and gives the most natural results. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Lip augmentation for mild asymmetry

+1

I agree with the other doctors who replied.  There is really not too much wrong with your lips.  They appear full.  There is minimal asymmetry.  You could learn to accept your appearance as ALL of us are somewhat asymmetric, and maybe you should not spend so much time on this.  On the other hand, there is minimal risk with having lip augmentation with an HA filler such as Restylane or Juvederm and you would likely get the results you are seeking.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Your lips appear full in your photo with minimal asymmetry. You may want to try a temporary filler first. This will give you an idea what the permanent implants look like.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Treatment options for uneven lips

+1

It is not unusual to have some slight difference from one side of the lips to the other.  The simplest treatment would be to use an injectable filler, like Restylane.  This could just be placed on one side to help even things out and could be done without making the lips look artificial.  The result would be temporary and would last for several months.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon