Could I Benefit from a Jaw Muscle Reduction? (photo)

Apart from not so good skin and a few uneven teeth, I think most facial features are ok. The main problem is that I seem to be ‘slab sided’ in terms of jaw and cheeks, with very little definition of cheekbones. This isn't what may be termed 'age jowling' as it is something I've always had. Also, my lips have a certain look that's difficult to define, a sort of sad look most of the time. Could a botox jaw reduction define cheek and jaw better? Could I also benefit from lip augmentation?

Try Botox First

+2

I agree with Dr. Alessi, I would try a few rounds of Botox (experienced injector only!) before I would go into surgery. 

It takes an extender period of time before you see the results as the muscle has to atropy.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Masseter reduction for jaw line definition

+2

Your bulkiness around the sides of your jaw could be from the masseters, fat or your parotid.  An in-person exam would delineate that.  Regardless, a trial of Botox would be wise.  Surgical corrections include shaving of the mandible bone, liposuction and possible cheek implants.  Your lips are a bit downturned at the outer edges.  A bit of carefully placed filler and Botox can reduce that.   All the best.

Web reference: http://www.facialinstitute.com

Botox and jawline

+1

I would recommend a consult with a well-trained and reputable provider. Based on the photo's you've provided, you would likely benefit with some Botox and potentially a dermal filler to the areas of concern. There are plenty of options for facial rejuvenation via Botox and the multitude of dermal fillers available today!