Would I Benefit from Chin Liposuction? (photo)

Based on the photos, do you think liposuction would get rid of the pudge under my chin/jowels and give me a better jawline? My skin in that area seems pretty tight, and there's not MUCH fat, but when I angle my chin downward there's a definite double chin that I would like to decrease.

Options for improving your neck from liposuction to neck tightening

+2

Neck rejuvination can be performed in many ways. In your case, it looks like you may have some sub-mental fat and laxity of your platysma muscle. Liposuction would give the most sublte result followed by chin augmentation (if required - from what I can see your chin looks to be in a good position) and lastly platysmaplasty. We often call the combination of platysmplasty and fat removal "double chin surgery". This allows for substantial tightening of the neck muscles and in younger patients like yourself can often result in a dramatic sharpening of the neck line without the need for a formal neck lift. The attached video explains these options. There are before and after photos in our neck gallery. 

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower face and neck liposuction would be very helpful.

+2

We do this using microcannulas.  Patients often have the procedure on a Friday and go back to work on Monday and no one knows you just had a procedure.  The procedure is so comfortable that you can very comfortably have this performed in the office under just local anesthesia.

Micro liposuction can do wonders for the lower face and neck.

+2

Hi.

1)  You look like a very good candidate for delicate liposuction of the lower face, jawline, and neck.  The bone projection of the chin looks fine.

2)  As you say, there doesn't have to be a lot of fat.  Removing even a few teaspoons of fat from this area can produce a nice sculptured look.  The trick is to use a tiny (1.8 millimeters) cannula to aspirate the fat.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Chin and neck liposuction

+1

I would recommend a refined neckline, jawline, and chin liposuction procedure to sculpt your lower face and neckline. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Lower Face and Neck Liposuction

+1

Lower face and neck liposuction may be a reasonable alternative for you.  However, any muscle laxity or subplatysmal fat will need another type of surgery.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chin Liposuction

+1

Hello and thanks for the questions and photos.  Without examining you, it is haed to tell which procedure would give you the best results.  Although liposuction will resculpt the neck and jaw line, there has to be a fat layer to remove.  If it is loose skin, possibly a neck lift or the skin tightening seen with Smart Lipo Triplex will give you the results you desire.  Best of luck.  Robert Kratschmer, MD, Plastic Surgery, Houston.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

What is microliposuction and does it work in the submental area?

+1

The photo indicates that you are young and have a good skin tone. Liposuction done with a small cannula, under locat anesthesia is very effective in adressing your concerns. I do this in the office and the recovery is quick with no downtime. You will neeed an elastic bandage to apply some pressure to the treated area for a day.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the neck

+1

Your area of concern seems to be the area under your chin.  This is called the submental triangle of the neck, and liposuction in this area can be very effective depending on your age and your weight.  First, you should be at a stable weight.  Losing or gaining weight after the treatment can change the results.  Also, if the women in your family tend to have necks like this this, you might need some tightening of the platysma muscle too, called a platysmaplasty.  This is especially true if you larynx sits forward and a bit low, as yours might based on the photos. For a better overall jawline, a chin implant might be recommended.  Second, in patients over 40 you might need a necklft to tighten the skin,  But, this does not appear to be your case.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck fat

+1

There are fatty deposits located above and below the platysma.  The fatty deposits below the muscle have to be surgically removed.  A neck lift with platysmaplasty will give a much more defined jawline than simple traditional liposuction.  Tightening the platysma muscle gives a much better result.  For examples please see our necklift photo gallery

You may be a candidate for neck liposuction.

+1

Your photos are limited for evaluation, but if you're dissatisfied by the appearance of your neck, you may consider consulting a reputable facial plastic surgeon to see what might be best for you. Depending on your concerns, sometimes more dramatic jawline-defining results may be seen by combining neck liposuction with chin implant surgery.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon