Would I Benefit from a Chin Augmentation? (photo)

I am only 25, however, my face is already starting to sag, mainly around my lower face, the left side is slightly worse. I don't smoke or sunbathe so I can only think it must be my facial structure. I believe my chin is too small and I'm developing jowls already. I also have excess neck fat. Would a chin implant help my face? My partner says there is nothing wrong with my face but in many lightings I can clearly see how saggy it is. I first noticed this when I was 18 years old. Thanks.

Chin augmentation?

+3

A profile picture of you including your chin and neck would be extremely helpful.  It's difficult to tell from the angle of your pictures, but it is possible that you could be a candidate for chin augmentation.  If there is some excess fat in your neck, then liposuction in that area could be done at the same time as the placement of the chin implant.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Would I benefit from a chin augmentation?

+2

Looking at your photos, it appears you would benefit from a chin augmentation. Submental/jowl liposuction can complement the chin implant and further enhance the profile. I think you would be really happy with the result! I would recommend speaking with a board certified and experienced facial plastic surgeon. He/she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Benefit from Chin Implant

+2

A chin implant and submental liposuction should improve the profile to great extent.  This will also improve the angularity of the face on frontal view.  Further, proper placement will take emphasis off of the jowl region.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Yes, and submental liposuction.

+2

Althought the pictures are not great quality, it does appear you have a small chin that would benefit from chin augmentation.  I prefer a silicone (sailastic) implant placed through an incision inside your mouth.  As was mentioned below, submental liposuction will also help definie your chin and neck and would be useful in additon to a chin implant.  If you chose not to have a chin imlant, the submental lipsosuction will give you chin a more prominent appearance, but does not work as well as a chin implant.

Best regards,

Dr. Lane Smith

Lane Smith, MD

Chin Augmentation Enhances the Facial Profile

+2

You are a great candidate for a chin augmentation, one of my favorite procedures!  It's a great procedure because although it's minimally invasive, it really, really can enhance the appearance of the the face!

In your case, we may also place some fillers at the corner of your mouth to remove the shadows.

We have several examples of similar cases on our website, good luck!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

Yes plus sub mental liposuction in combination. Best to seek IN PERSON evaluations from boarded surgeons in your city. 

Chin implant to improve profile

+2

A small or medium-sized Silastic chin implant would greatly improve the projection of the chin. There'll also be a slight improvement  in the width and vertical height in addition to the projection with this type of implant. The implant is inserted through small incision in the submental area of the chin. The   Chin implant can be it performed under local anesthesia.

To implant or not

+2

Yes, from your photos a Chin Implant would be a good cosmetic enhancement I often say that for patients that "need" them, a chin implant gives you a very good return on your cosmetic investment. I think a tiny bit of liposuction just under the chin would be very likely a good idea as well. Finally, it looks like you have a somewhat anterior voice-box. Not much can be done about that and that will always limit how sharp of an angle you can have from your neck to your chin. Best. Steven Mobley, MD

Steven R. Mobley, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implants and jaw line

+1

From the photos you submitted, it does appear that you have some relative microgenia or a small chin and would benefit from an anatomical chin implant. I would also consider a small amount of submental or below the chin liposuction at the same time to enhance the result. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Augmentation

+1

A chin implant combined with liposuction of your jawline and neck will significantly improve your facial contours and proportions providing a more youthful look.