Would I Benefit from Cheek Implants? (photo)

Un happy with the lack of boney upper cheek support. will cheek implants reduce the roundness in face? i have tried fat transfer and woundn't do it again. any other advice is appreciated.

Cheek Implants After Failed Fat Injections

+1

With a 'failed' fat injection approach to the cheeks, bony augmentation with implants is the next logical approach. The key to getting your desired result is to make sure that the style and size of the cheek implant matches the location of the cheek zone of enhancement that you desire. There are numerous styles of cheek implants and it is easy to get the wrong style placed. Also, cheek implants are often over sized as a little skeletal enhancement can make  big difference.

Would I Benefit from Cheek Implants?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, from the photos provided yes, Cheek Implants would improve the appearance and soften the face.  If the proper sized and shaped Cheek Implants are used, IMHO, your face can be made to appear more soft, heart-shaped and feminine.  

The Left cheek is more flat and smaller than the right and the idea is to create the proper aesthetic shape, not symmetry.  I completely disagree that bone support is not important and in fact it is my belief that the cheek bones support the tissues of the face and are for that reason the most important aesthetic facial feature.  There is excess fat and signs of facial aging that could be improved using a minimal incision Face Lift like our "Celebrity Face Lift".  Hope this helps.

Cheek augmentation

+1

From the pictures shown , a cheek augmentation is not needed.  Bony support is irrelevant, since cheek augmentation is a soft tissue augmentation

Cheek augmentation, Cheek implants

+1

Cheek implants will typically augment the areas overlying the malar bones.

A trial with Radiesse or Perlane injections prior to surgery can give you an idea of where to place an implant and of what size.

Artefill a more permanent injectable is also a good option.

Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Cheek implants for flat cheeks.

+1

You already have great cheeks and will need the facial fat you have. Leave your cheeks alone and do not do surgery. 

Cheek implant candidate?

+1

From your pictures, it appears to me that you already have fairly good cheek bones.  I'm a little unclear as to what you mean when you say you have lack of bony support in the upper cheek, as that appears fine to me.  It may be that other views of your face or seeing you in person would give additional information.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon