Do You Think I Would Benefit from Buccal Fat Removal Surgery? (photo)

I'm 21, 5'6" and weigh 115 pounds. I'm not fat and I don't think I can lose any more weight. I feel like my face is too round and my cheeks are too chubby. I want a more angular, narrow jaw. Basically I look like the left picture and want a jaw like the middle picture (or right). Do you think Buccal fat removal would help me? And to what extent?

Buccal Fat Pad Removal

+3

As Dr. Rand stated, buccal fat pad removal is a hard procedure to recommend.  The procedure makes you look hollowed out as you age and results are inconsistent.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Buccal fat pad removal is frowned upon by most

+3

Buccal fat pad removal has been largely discounted as a good operation because the effect is very limited in the early phase but can lead to a sunken old look as the years go by.

Buccal Fat Removal for a 21 y.o. Asian female

+1

Dear Aerie Kirstea,

Buccal fat pad removal is a fine procedure that is recommended for candidates with chubby cheeks. It is crucial to reflect on the fact that with aging buccal fat pads undergo atrophy (decrease in size).

Unless an extensively experienced surgeon performs the procedure conservatively, hollow cheeks will develop as the patient ages. At first, the Ogee curve will be ideal but aging will play against the aesthetic beauty.

To establish a narrower face, facial contouring and malar (cheek) / mandibular implants could be considered.

Therefore, I encourage you to seek a consultation with the right surgeon who could physically examine you since photographs are not sufficient.

Only then you will be able to come up with a solid decision that will best fit your facial features and preserves your natural beauty.

Thank you for your question and for sharing your pictures.

Best of Luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com