Can I Benefit from Blepharoplasty? (photo)

I have a little bit of skin droop (pic #2), particularly over my right eye, but I'm not sure if it's best addressed by a lateral brow lift or bleph. (My right eyebrow also hangs a bit lower than the left). I'd like to know before I start going in for consultations which surgery I should be looking into. Pic #1 close up of eyes, pic #2 bangs down, pic #3 bangs up centered to see lower right eyebrow. (It's a tiny droop, but it's there). I know this is minor stuff, but I'd like to try a fix.

How Can I Fix My Minimal Periorbital Asymmetries?

+1

Whatever you do, do not do surgery.  I am a Board Certified plastic surgeon and I love doing surgeries.  But more than that, I love great results with happy patients.  Your problems are too minimal for any surgical intervention at this point, and unfortunately the results of surgery in your case will be somewhat unpredictable, and therefore almost surely disappoint you.

Your high eyebrow on the right side can be improved with Botox or Dysport.  You have a hollowness over your left eyelid which can be improved with a careful placement of a filler.  Eyelid and brow surgery are both out of the question at this point, and I feel that brow surgery for you would never be a good idea since your eyebrows are a little too high naturally.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty and browlift

+1

It sounds like what bothers you the most is the left right asymmetry. Your eyebrows are also a little high with one being higher than the other but there are no skin wrinkles indicative of overactive brow muscles. The underlying bone structure right vs. left is very asymmetric and I suspect that if you have soft tissue surgery to improve symmetry you will ended making things look worse. In the absence of upper eyelid drooping I would not recommend any brow or upper eyelid surgery. Fillers if done well would make you more symmetric than surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Your photos raise more questions than answers.

+1

You do have an itty bitty upper eyelid fold redundancy.  However, what strikes me is that you have very thin upper eyelids and are holding your eyebrows very high.  This suggests to me that you have a latent upper eyelid ptosis due to an evolving levator aponeurosis dehiscence.  This is something that can be assessed turning a personal consultation.   A standard blepharoplasty is likely to be harmful to you.  Without the benefit of an examination, the most obvious thing I might suggest is sub-brow filler in the upper eyelid to recreate youthful fullness.  Other areas of your face would also benefit from hyaluronic acid filler such as the upper eye circles, volume in the chin and perhaps in the hollows developing in the lower cheeks.  One of the benefits of a personal examination is that one has the opportunity to explore what it is someone is looking to achieve.  Please do be careful what you look for as you might find it.

Do I need surgery?

+1

You should consult with a surgeon regarding the issues that you see. Looking at your photos, I just do not see how anyone can think of performing blepharoplasty or browlift. There is a saying that if you are holding a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Can I Benefit from Blepharoplasty?

+1

Your pictures show a very slight amount of excess upper eyelid skin and IMO, it's too soon for an upper eyelid surgery or Blepharoplasty.  The lower eyelids show no evidence of fat bags at this time.  Aesthetically speaking, you can soften the face by using Perlane to shape the right cheek that's a bit flat as well as augmenting the lips.  IMHO, save the Blepharoplasty until you have more excess skin.

Blepharoplasty

+1

Based on your pictures, you may benefit from Blepharoplasty, however you would need an in person consultation.  You may also benefit from Botox Cosmetic and dermal fillers and be able to avoid surgery.  It all depends on your goals and your anatomy.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Your surgeon will advise

+1

It is best to go into the consultation with your cosmetic goal well articulated in which case your surgeon will advise you as to what he or she can do to achieve the goals. I advise patients to not be "procedure" or "technology" oriented but goal oriented as to their cosmetic consultations. having said that, you are likely better served with a brow lift. This may be surgical or non-surgical including Ulthera and even Botox.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon