Will I Benefit from a Facelift?

I am in my late twenties and noticed a sagging of my lower face from my early to mid twenties. I now have lines at the sides of my mouth and also from the corners of my nose downward and from under my eyes although It is hard to get on camera I have put in a pic from last year that shows the lines in the light and the 2nd pic- taken recently, shows the extent of sagging in my lower jaw which messes with my whole face shape and adds a good ten years to my age, what can I do?

Will I Benefit from a Facelift?

+3

Hello

Those below who advised that you not have a face lift are correct. Have you seen a dentist regarding the relationship of your teeth?

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good face lift candidate?

+2

Please don't let anyone convince you to have surgery.  First of all, you don't need any facial surgery.  Second, at your young age there are many other things that you need to be doing daily to take care of your skin.  These include not smoking, avoiding sun exposure (even when you go shopping for a few hours your makeup should contain SPF 30 or greater), moisturizing your face and cleaning your skin twice daily, and using a topical retin A cream to help maintain the youthful collagen (structural support) of your skin.  This is much more important than concerning yourself with facial aging and lines at this point.  Don't let the pressure of our society influence major decisions about having surgical procedure performed too early. You look great so enjoy your youth!!

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Loose facial skin at a young age

+2

It seems that a filler such as Sculptra might be  a better choice than a facelift. If you always had small cheek bones, then a cheek implant also might give your tissues better support.

Julio Garcia, MD

No lift for you

+1

You don’t need a face lift.  Your face has likely lost some volume (fat) and your best bet, if you want to restore that volume is to have facial injectables or fat grafting

More info on 'liquid face lifts'on the link below

Sam Naficy, MD

Facelift - Will I Benefit from a Facelift?

+1

Probably not anywhere near enough to justify the procedure on you - if anything (and it is hard to make an assessment from photos) you could consider any of several injectable filler treatments.  But my overall recommendation would probably be that you maintain a healthful diet and lifestyle and enjoy this stage of your life without being overly concerned about facial sagging...there's plenty of time for that!

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Facelift Options

+1

I don’t think that you would be best treated with such a rather extensive surgery to address your concerns.  What most likely I would recommend would be some fillers to restore volume and fill in the areas of concern.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift in your twenties?

+1

Yes, I agree with that you are too young to consider having facelift surgery.  Consider fillers and other small "lunchtime" procedures for now.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facial lines in your 20's

+1

First of all, you certainly do not need a facelift.  The lines you are talking about could easily be treated with fillers at a much lower cost and no downtime.

M. Keith Hanna, MD

Too young for facelift?

+1

I agree with other surgeons that you are too young for surgery at this point. Not that age per se is the reason since facelift surgery is done on the condition of the face and not a person's age. Premature aging, massive weightloss, severe acne scarring are jst a few reasons why "early" facelift surgey can be considered in someone "young". Based on your photos though I would agree that you should concentrate on good skin care, periodic facilas or light chemical peels and perhaps Hyaluronic acid fillers.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Do I need a facelift?

+1

I agree with the consensus for sure.  You are far too young to consider a facelift.  Most patients in their 30's to 50's really just need a little plumping of the soft tissue to maintain a youthful face.  It is interesting that the major aging changes early on in life all relate to "loss of volume", not so much excess skin.  Therefore the right approach is usually to add volume.

Volumetric enhancement is critical to maintain the youthful heart-shaped face.  Pulling the face generally yields a very stretched appearance if a facelift is done prematurely or without considering the volume of the midface in particular.

Take care, 

Dr. Todd Hobgood

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon