I am 18 years old so it is not because of aging, i was just born that way, with a very small upper lip and a strong philtrum i believe it is called. I will include some pictures of what my lips look like and what i want them to look like, and it would be appreciated if you would tell me if i would beneficiate from a lip lift, and if not, what surgery should i do to have the desired results. I am getting veneers next year. Thank you very much
Would I Beneficate from a Lip Lift? (photo)
Doctor Answers (2)
Lip lift or fillers
Thank you for your question about a lip lift.
- You appear to have a long upper lip.
- A 2 mm lip lift just under your nose should give you a subtle and pleasing result.
- The veneers will project your lip more as well.
- Fillers will plump out the red lip. A V-Y lip advancement fills out the red lip even more. This must wait until after the veneers as you may not need it.
- Hope this helps, best wishes.
Test Fillers Before Doing A Lip Lift
What you are demonstrating is the effect of a lip lift. However, I would do injectable fillers first to be certain that volume addition to the central upper lip will not create a favorable effect as lip lifts are irreversible once done.
Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.
You might also like...
Ask a Doctor
Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.