36Full DD- Need BR- how do I get poll fullness & go smaller? (photo)

I'm Full DD now. Want to be a perky round C. Is this possible with a reduction? Or, what other options to get something like this?

36Full DD- Need BR- how do I get poll fullness & go smaller?

+3

The photos you show as a desired post op result are of a patient with very little breast tissue and relatively full implants. That is not a realistic result for you. However with a breast lift/reduction you can get a very attractive natural looking breast and a c cup size is certainly within reason. In your specific case it will be more of a lift and repositioning the tissues with a small reduction for shaping purposes. Make sure you see a surgeon who creates internal support and not just a skin lift. The internal work is necessary to give best possible support to the new breast shape. The skin alone is inadequate for supporting the weight.

Unrealistic expectations for breast reduction

+2

Yikes!  Your "postoperative" photo is of a woman with breast implants!  She also is probably younger than you and has not had 3 children!  This is really an example of comparing watermelons to oranges.  You should go online and look for a patient that is similar to you in age, build and breast size and shape and fine a reduction result you like and resubmit this question.

That being said - I think you look like an excellent candidate for a vertical breast lift.  In my experience, the vertical lift provides a rounder shape and more upper pole fullness than other techniques.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

36Full DD- Need BR- how do I get pole fullness & go smaller?

+2

The most important thing I tell my patients at the first visit is that this is surgery, not magic. There is no way to go from where you are to where you would like to go, if where you want to go is the patient in your photos. It appears to me you would benefit from a breast lift/reduction with implants. The lift alone would not give you satisfactory, long-lasting upper pole fullness, despite claims to the contrary. The combination of a breast lift with augmentation is challenging. I recommend you find a very experienced aesthetic plastic surgeon to review your options. Good luck.

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

36Full DD- Need BR- how do I get upper pole fullness & go smaller?

+1

The quality of the result depends very much on the way the breast is shaped and the manner in which tension is applied.  This also affects the longevity of the result.  Upper pole fullness will not be quite like a woman with implants, no matter how skilled the surgeon.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast reductions and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Best options are IN PERSON evaluations from boarded PSs in your area. Review before and after photos so you fully understand the possible outcomes. 

Breat lift vs. Breast reduction

+1

You need a breast reduction yet your ideal photo is a patient who had a breast augmentation.  You will never achieve this exact goal with a reduction.  It is possible to use some of your breast tissue that sags below the crease to build up central breast and upper pole. But by using this tissue your procedure moves from a reduction to a breast lift which will not be a medically covered procedure. 

Breast reduction with auto augmentation

+1

Based on your pictures, you are a great candidate for a reduction with auto augmentation. In this procedure, some of the tissue that is normally discarded in a breast reduction is preserved and left connected to its blood supply so it is living tissue.  This tissue is then used to augment the upper pole of the breast and to give the appearance of implants (without any implants!).

Ask your surgeon about this procedure.

Gil Kryger, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon