Belotero Injected over Restylane?

I had restylane injected under eyes with disastrous results. I had it dissolved several times, but believe residual restylane is causing irregularities in contour. Would Belotero be a good option under the eyes to smoothe out the irregularities? Also, does Belotero have the lumpy, dark waterbag effect that restylane seems to have in tear troughs? Thanks!

Belotero under eyes

+1
Belotero is the ideal injectable under the eyes.  Restylane can be too thick a substance at times and cause the Tyndall effect where it can be appear blue where it is injected.  I much prefer Belotero for this area and for the fine lines around the mouth.

Can Belotero be injected over Restylane under eyes?

+1

Yes Belotero can be used in place of Restylane in tear troughs.  Because it is softer and lays better it could be the perfect product for that area.  But as others have pointed out, a lot depends on the skill of the injector to place it correctly.  Injecting tear troughs requires advanced training.  It should not be done by beginners regardless of their credentials.

Sam Naficy, MD

Belotero injected over Restylane

+1

Belotero, like Restylane, is a hyaluronic acid product.  They are slightly different, in that Belotero can be injected more superficially, if needed.  Belotero can be used to treat superficial lines that may not be treated as well with Restylane.  The issue of developing lumps is due more to injection technique than the product itself, so I would say that it is possible to get lumps with Belotero if it is not injected well.  The same is true for Restylane.  Having said that, I do think it is possible to use Belotero to even out the effects you had with Restylane.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon