Belotero For Horizontal Forehead Wrinkles?

Since the filler Belotero comes in a softer version would it be appropriate for the static wrinkles that Boxox does not help. Also when any predictions as to when Belotero will be more widely offered? Thank You.

Belotero is a great little filler.

+1
Belotero fills in finer lines with less bumpiness than juvederm/restylane and lasts 4-6 months for $550/syringe. Horizontal forehead lines does great with it. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Belotero For Forehead Wrinkles

+1

Although using Belotero on your forehead would be an off-label use (meaning not FDA approved) of the product, it could be used to treat the forehead wrinkles if if the line is superficial.  Belotero is made by Merz Aesthetic and will most likely be offered by those providers that also use Radiesse. 

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Belotero is great for etched in lines of the forehead where Botox doesn't completely make them go away

+1

Belotero is a new filler that is different than all the others in the US because it can be used for very superficial corrections.  The etched in lines of the forehead, particularly in men can be hard to treat with Botox. Botox in men with deep forehead creases can lead to eyebrow drooping, which is worse than not treating them.  Because Belotero can not be seen when injecting very superficially, these etched in lines can be treated well.  You won't eliminate them, but they will look better.  I'm not sure how long it will last in these areas but I imagine about 6-9 months.  See my video on injecting other areas with Belotero

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Belotero for fine lines & wrinkles

+1

Good afternoon,

I have been injecting Belotero around the eyes and mouth and seen great results. However, Belotero is not a replacement for BOTOX, it's a complement.

Dr. Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Belotero For Fine Lines

+1

Belotero is one of the better products introduced.  It is designed for fine lines and can be effective in softening the lines without creating either a congealed heavy feeling seen with other fillers.  In addition, it avoids the bluish discoloration called the Tyndall effect.  For lines of the upper 1/3 of the face, use Belotero in conjunction with Botox for optimal results.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Belotero Great For Fine Lines

+1

We have had great results with Belotero for fine lines that are hard to go after with Juvederm or Restylane.  It is available now, but most spas are low volume so they will hesitate to carry a new filler.  Call around; a few phone calls should find a plastic surgeon or dermatologist that carries it.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Belotero works well in forehead wrinkles

+1

With it's soft nature, Belotero works well with many facial wrinkles - even in the thin skin crows feet wrinkles. I've liked the results obtained in the horizontal forehead wrinkles in the patients I've treated. Botox is additive to the results and is best administered before to obtain a good block prior to filling the forehead lines - if possible.

Christopher S. Verbin, MD

Forehead Wrinkles and Belotero

+1

Belotero is a new filler that is designed for fine lines.  It works well for fine lines in the forehead, in the nasolabial folds and for crow's feet.  It can also be used in conjunction with Botox to erase the deeper lines in the forehead!!

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, Belotero can be used for horizontal forehead wrinkles

+1

Yes, Belotero is great for etched-in horizontal forehead lines. My patients have seen great results with Belotero for those finer lines around the lips as well as on the forehead that botox doesn't seem to smooth out. Belotero is now widely offered in the U.S. and my practice renders this treatment every day!

Sue Ellen Cox, MD
Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon