Belotero for Under Eye Creases? (photo)

I got belotero 3 days ago to treat a crease I was born with under both eyes. The creases haven't subsided very much, but now I'm swollen and it looks like I have small bags under each eye. Is this normal? I feel like it may be incorrect placement (too low). Does belotero migrate or move to intended location after a few days, or should I be freaking out?

Belotero for lower eyelids

+1

I would allow two weeks for all potential swelling to subside.  If there is still swelling present and/or you are unhappy with your result, I would recommend you return to your provider to further assess your concerns.  

I use Belotero daily for the "tear trough" areas of the face but I place the product deeply along the face of the bone in this region rather than more superficially in the skin of the lower eyelid.  It works very well when placed appropriately.

Best Regards,
Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling After Belotero

+1

Hi Charlotte.  The line under your eye may look worse because of the swelling associated with the Belotero injections.  In addition, this line may not improve with the injections because it is so close to the eye.  After the swelling goes down (perhaps 7-10 days) check back with your injector regarding your results.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Belotero for under eye creases?

+1

The crease immediately under your eye is normal.  No filler in intended for that area. Belotero is the softest product and the best for tear troughs but it should be placed deep next to bone in that area. No filler is safe or intended in the thin skin covering the eye ball.  The swelling below your eye should settle in another week. No need to "freak out".  If you aren't happy with the end results, it can be removed but give it more time.  The normal crease you pointed out should not be treated with fillers at all. 

Sam Naficy, MD