Should Belotero Be Used Before or After Dysport for Crows Feet?

I just had Dysport for crows feet and my derm told me about Belotero for fine lines. He said I could come back in two weeks and he would use this for the crows feet. My crows feet were pretty bad in my opinion and I still notice some there even after Dysport, but I am wondering if is better do do Belotero first since all the lines would be there and not hidden by the Dysport?

Belotero before or after dysport

+3

I agree with your dermatologist. My preferred way to treat crow's feet is to use a muscle agent such as dysport or Botox and let that work first before treating the crow's feet that remain with a filler like Belotero. My preferred filler for the crow's feet is Belotero because it reacts well with the thin eyelid skin.

Timing of Belotero and Dysport

+3

There is not an absolute correct answer to your question.  It really could be done either way, but I would say it's probably better to have the Dysport done first around the eyes since that will affect the muscles that are causing the lines to form.  Once the Dysport has taken effect, then the Belotero can be placed in any remaining fine lines.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Belotero for the eye area

+2
Botox or Dysport should smooth out the wrinkles around the eyes.  I would first get Botox or Dysport to the eye area.  If there are any fine lines left you can then have a small amount of Belotero injected in that area but it may not  be necessary after Botox or Dysport.

Michele S. Green, MD

Re: Belotero and Dysport Usage for Crows Feet

+2

Belotero should be used after treating crows feet with Dysport. Crows feet is caused primarily by muscle contractions. Dysport would help treat the dynamic crows feet lines. These are the wrinkles that are only seen when you smile.

Over time, many of these lines start forming permanent wrinkles that are seen when you are not laughing or smiling.

Filling these little creases with Belotero would be the final touch .

Here is an example of a patient who used Belotero to fill static frown lines which persisted even when her face was at rest.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Belotero before or after Dysport?

+2

I have found I like to treat with Botox or Dysport first, then treat the lines that remain after with a dermal filler such as Belotero. There is no need to treat lines with filler if Botox or Dysport will make them go away.

Sam Naficy, MD

Belotero After Dysport

+2

It is better to use Belotero or any hyaluronic acid product on the lines you want treated AFTER they have been softened by the effects of Dysport.  This will prevent more product than what's needed being injected into the lines.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Dysport before Belotero

+2

I agree with your dermatologist's thinking.  By doing the Dysport first, you are softening up the dynamic lines (those that are present only with movement of the muscle).  Then the Belotero can be used to treat any fine lines that are still present at rest.  This way you are only using the Belotero where you really need it. 

Ritu Saini, MD