Is my Belly Button a Good Candidate for an Umbilicoplasty? (Outie to Innie)

i've been desperately wanting to have my outie be changed into an innie. not only do i hate how it looks but when touched (accidentally or intentionally) i experience a lot of discomfort and sometimes pain. the way it's formed on my stomach looks like it'd be very hard to turn into a normal looking innie but i need professional advice.

Belly button repair in Los Angeles

+1
A closer examination may help determine if you are a candidate for an umbilicoplasty to correct the bulge in your central belly button. Our office specializes in belly button repair and reconstruction. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Umbilical hernia

+1

Your story and photos are suspicious for an umbilical hernia. You need to be examined by a qualified surgeon to see of that is the case. Repair of the hernia would be covered by your health insurance.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Umbilicoplasty

+1

You are likely a good candidate, however you would need a physical exam.  If you are having pain that that area, you may have an umbilical hernia which could be repaired at the same time.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD