Belly Loosen Skin and Banana Rolls After Liposuction. How Can I Fix This?

I got a liposuction from my entire body one year and a half ago. After all this time the skin on my belly is still loosen and I got these awful banana rolls under my buttocks and a lot of cellullite in that area. I don't remember having this banana rolls before liposuction even if I was fatter at that time although there was cellullite. I feel so frustrated because I go to the gym 4 days a week and I have a healthy diet but nothing works. How can I fix the rolls and the loosen skin of my belly.

Tummy tuck

+2

Without examining you it isn't possible to give you specific information, however the situation you describe is not uncommon after significant liposuction in some patients. I often tell patients that neither liposuction nor exercise will not correct the excess skin that they have as a result of being overweight or having been pregnant. Liposuction simply removes the fat and leaves the excess skin looking worse. There is no other good solution to getting rid of this excess skin that to remove it surgically. In the abdomen this would mean a tummy tuck.

I suggest that you see a Board certified Plastic Surgeon for a consultation.

Scarsdale Plastic Surgeon

+2

I recommend that you make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss an abdominoplasty. Abdominoplasty is a surgical procedure to remove excess skin and fatty tissue from the middle and lower abdomen and to tighten muscles of the abdominal wall.  There are a variety of different techniques for abdominoplasty.

Wesley T. Myers, MD
Conroe Plastic Surgeon

Loose Skin after Liposuction...

+1

Chance are that a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) may be the best means of addressing the remaining loose skin of your abdomen.  Unfortunately, if the skin has stretched out over time due to pregnancy, weight gain, and the natural loss of elasticity that comes with aging, liposuction alone may not be the answer.  Seek out a board certified cosmetic surgeon in your area to get a comprehensive evaluation for realistic expectations.  Wishing you the best of luck!

Windell C. Davis-Boutte, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Belly Loose Skin and Banana Rolls After Liposuction. How Can I Fix This?

+1

A tummy tuck for the loose skin on the belly may be what is needed.  The banana rolls may require a number of interventions dependent upon degree of skin laxity.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA