Belly Fat Removal: Tummy Tuck, Liposuction or Cool Sculpting? (photos)

I want to permanently remove my belly fat, but unsure as to which procedure I should undergo. I am 26 yrs. of age, occasionally drink (once or twice a month), i dont smoke, im active (workout 3x a week), and I eat healthy. But no matter what I do, I still can't get rid of the belly fat! I am naturally endomorphic and we are very curvaceous in the family. So I'm afraid that if I choose the wrong method, the belly fat might just go back. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Best method to remove abdominal fat

+1
Looking at your pictures you appear to have some amount  of subcutaneous fat deposits both in the upper and lower abdominal areas and the waist area. You also appear to have excellent skin tone and elasticity.  You have various options available to you.  You could undergo liposuction of the abdomen, waist and get excellent results.  I would recommend seeking treatment from a board certified plastic surgeon for best results. Another optionthat will also get you very good results is cool sculpting.  The benefit of cool sculpting is that it is completely noninvasive with no down time.  Generally  I will explain to the patient that she could expect 25-30% of improvement with cool sculpting and approximately 40-50% improvement with liposuction.Both procedures result in permanent loss in the area is treated. So this means for long-term results it is important to maintain your weight.

Belly fat?

+1
Hard to say based on the pictures.  You might just have rectus diastasis caused by the rectus muscles seperateing from each other.  This happens with major changes in weight or with pregnancy.  The repair is an abdominal plication.  This restores the flat abdomen.  I recommend seeking a board certified plastic surgeon for a recommendation 

Chad K. Wheeler, MD
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

BBL

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

I believe that you make a great candidate for liposuction in the abdomen, waist and lower back with fat grafting in to buttocks.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Any Fat Loss or Contouring Procedure Will Work But Liposuction Is The Gold Standard

+1
With your excellent body shape and tight skin tone, anything will work for you.  I am a firm believer still that the best results are obtained from liposuction. Any method works, it just depends on who is doing the treatment.  I use both laser and power-assisted and get excellent results with little bruising, swelling or downtime.  I frequently see people who travel from all over the country to get treatment and rarely see complications.  Although they can happen, you should consider this as a longer-term option.  Liposonix (ultrasound) or Zeltiq (coolsculpting) are both non-invasive options but may not be able to give you the "contour" you want without multiple treatments.  Seek an expert dermatologist or plastic surgeon who frequently perform all of these procedures.  At your age, since you are so young, you don't want too much of a chance and definitely do not want any long term complications.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

San Francisco Dermatologic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, or Cool Sculpting

+1
Your photos demonstrate excellent skin tone, and no obvious stretch marks.

Also, the fat deposition appears fairly symmetrical and modest.  Limited

tumescent liposuction would be my first choice.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Liposuction vs Cool Sculpting or Tummy Tuck

+1
Hi there,

Thanks for your question and photos.  It appears that you have good skin tone and a body contouring procedure should work well.  I think you would be an excellent candidate for liposuction.  I would not suggest a tummy tuck in your case since your appear to have good skin tone, and should get a nice result with a more limited incision type of procedure such as liposuction.

In regards to cool sculpting, I think you could get some modest benefit but not as significant a result as could be obtained with liposuction

I do recommend a detailed consult with a plastic surgeon who can offer you the spectrum of procedures.  I often see patients who visit non-surgeons with laser or cool sculpting machine talked in to a procedure that may not be best for them.  Be sure to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to review all your options.

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Belly Fat Removal: Tummy Tuck, Liposuction or Cool Sculpting?

+1
By looking at your photos, I would recommend Coosculpting. It has less risks, no down time and with your small amount of extra fat, you should do well. See a plastic surgeon with CoolSculping experience.  Best of luck.

Janet Woodyard, MD

Liposuction

+1
You look like you have good skin tone and as long as the lower abdominal bulge is not muscle and just fat, liposuction should be a good choice.

Cool sculpting or liposuction make sense

+1
Your skin should tighten up well after cool sculpting or liposuction.  I typically would  not recommend a tummy tuck in someone your age unless they had already had children and then had excess skin and fat.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck, liposuction or CoolSculpting?

+1
You do not need a tummy tuck, you may be a great candidate for liposuction or CoolSculpting. You need to be seen in person for an evaluation, be sure to find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Good Luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD