Belly Deformed After Lipo. Can This Be Fixed?

I am a male who had lipo on my mid-section and groin area about a year ago. Since then, I develope a herniated umbilical cord and now, the herniation is progressing up my belly. When I lay down and flex my abs, my belly looks like a mountain peak. I can still feel my abs on the side, but my belly is distended and the mountain thing that I can push down into place. Should I have this surgically repaired and is it even possible? Is there a name for this condition? I am 53 & in good shape.

Abdominal Bulge

Thank you for the question. Based on your description you have a umbilical hernia until proven otherwise.  it would behoove you to be seen by your physician  for examination.  Best wishes.

Liposuction probably did not cause the hernia

It sounds as if you have a reducible hernia that would not have been caused by liposuction. See a board-ceritfied general surgeon to determine if you are a candidate for an abdominal herniorrhaphy.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon