No Belly Button After Tummy Tuck?

i had a full T/T a month ago,initially i assumed that with time my belly button would sink in,but up-to now it's still flush with my stomach and looks odd!is there a way to resolve this?

Tummy tuck

+2

It is difficult to determine your concerns without a photo; however, there could still be swelling.  The swelling should subside in 3-4 weeks.

Umbilicus and tummy tuck

+2

At one month you most commonly have persistent swelling. This usually goes down and the umbilicus tends to look flatter after that. Give it some more time.

The "Marble Trick" for outie belly buttons after tummy tuck

+2

A swollen belly button is quite common after a full tummy tuck. Some surgeons advocate the use of a glass marble which can be easily cleaned. This can occasionally get stuck and so I recommend the use of glass bead that can easily be retrieved with a thread or string.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Strange Belly Button After Tummy Tuck

+2

There are various suturing methods used by plastic surgeons to produce an invaginated navel.  The amount of invagination depends on the technique used by your plastic surgeon.  It has only been one month.  You still have a lot of positive changes to occur with your new contour and it may include your belly button.

Dr. ES