Belly Button, Swelling Upper Bb, and Scar Color After 4 Weeks Post Op, Normal? (photo)

Hi, I wonder if my bb will open more or is this a final result ? please see the attached pics. the scar on the right side is pink and falt while the other side has a little dark skin or whatever stick on the scar, is it normal ? the upper bb get more swelling at the end of day or when i'm full, is it normal ? is this the final result yet when i don't have any swelling in the morning or it will get better (smaller) at this time (4 weeks) ? thanks a lot

Normal healing so far after abdominoplasty.

+3

The picture demonstrates incisions in the active stages of wound remodeling. This will go on for a number of months.

Will They Look Big Fake and Round After Recovery? What Are They Gonna Look Like in the End? Will They Shrink?

+2

Everything appears quite with in normal time sequence for healing. Best to discuss in person with your surgeon. 

Too early to judge final result after an abdominoplasty

+2

Your result looks normal for this point in time.  At 4 weeks you are still in the early phase of healing.  Give it more time before you start to judge the final result.  Episodic swelling is also normal.  

Scar color and belly button will likely change with addotional time

+2

Thank you for the question.  Often a tummy tuck incision will be most visible in the 4-6 week range.  With time I suspect that you will see an improvement in both the belly button as well as the incision appearance.  At this time you could try silicone sheeting or other recommended scar care treatements based on your plastic surgeons preference.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Belly button and scars improve over time?

+2

Dear ssm,

Thank you for your post.  You still have a fair amount of swelling and your bellybutton will improve as the swelling goes away.  This has a bit of a 'yo-yo' effect at first, but as the tissue heals, then all the swelling goes away.  I expect your bb will look closer to what it looks like in the morning when there is less swelling.  The darkness of the scars will fade over a year and improve.

Best Wishes, 

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button, Swelling Upper Bb, and Scar Color After 4 Weeks Post Op, Normal?

+2

Four weeks puts you quite distant from a final result in terms of scarring and navel swelling. It takes up to a year for scars to mature. Swelling often persists longest in the navel because the circular scar disrupts drainage quite thoroughly compared with the rest of the operated areas. 

All the best. 

Belly Button And Tummy Tuck Scars Look Normal For 4 Weeks

+1

Thank you for your question. Your tummy tuck results and belly button look very good for 4 weeks. You have normal swelling for this amount of time and all plastic surgery scars are pink to red for the first 6 weeks and studies have shown that all scars remain pink you do not return to light on average for 7 months.

It is common for the belly button to look vertical in many cases early in recovery but with time they tend to retract and look more normal.

Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon about various scar treatments which might speed the improvement in your scars. There are many topical products such as Scar Guard and IPL or 1540 laser treatments which can be used if the scars become irritated, red and itchy.

Again I think you'll have a nice result.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS