Belly Button Surgery to Help After Two Pregnancies and Rejected Piercing?

After two pregnancies and one rejected belly button piercing, i'm left with a very ugly 'frowny' belly button and a large hole above my navel. could belly button reshaping help with my problem?

Umbilicoplasty and belly button revision

+1
Our office specializes in belly button revision. One good option is to reduce the upper pole redundant skin with a concentric umbilicoplasty and skin excision. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Reshaping the belly button

+1

The simplest requests are frequently the hardest to achieve. There is no way to get back the belly button you had before all that has happened. I can't tell from the photo if you are a candidate for a tummy tuck or maybe a mini tummy tuck given that you have had a C-section delivery (according to that scar on the lower abdomen). If you were a candidate for a standard tummy tuck that would give you the best result after creating a new hole for the belly button. In my experience procedures around the belly button only never give as good looking a belly button as one can achieve by tummy tuck. Small procedures around the belly button can yield some improvement though.

Aaron Stone, MD

Belly Button Reshaping may improve but not fix your problen

+1

The reason the belly button looks frowny is due to the excess skin and fat around it. Without removing excess skin (Tummy Tuck) and fat (Liposuction)  it would be hard to correct this appearance. Some of the skin above the belly button may be removed but this effort to correct the frown by opening the belly button may result in an overly wide and open umbilicus.