Belly button scarring, should I get it fixed or wait till the scar goes down? (photo)

I am 7 months post op from a Tummy tuck. The belly button began to close then began to scar. I was told not to worry and that it could be fixed. I'm I waiting too long?

Belly button scar revision

I would contact your surgeon and discuss your options. They consist of steroid injections, laser treatments, and scar revisions. It also could help with your lower scar as well.

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

91 East Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06851

Belly button scarring, should I get it fixed or wait till the scar goes down?

You are ready for umbilical scar revision surgery. Seek this surgery at this time. No more healing will improve this appearance./// 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Belly button scarring

There are multiple options available to you regarding your belly button scar. I would start with steroid injection if we decided to wait before a surgical repair. Laser can help hide your scar as well. Surgical scar revision is certainly reasonable at this point if your surgeon feels that your healing has leveled off.  There is some healing, however, that will continue for an entire year.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

2304 Wesvill Ct
Raleigh, NC 27607

Belly button shape after tummy tuck

Six months after a tummy tuck is all you need to wait for a belly button or scar revision.
Contact your plastic surgeon to schedule this.
In my practice, I do these in the office with local anesthesia. Recovery is speedy. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

2045 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30309

Scar tissue around the navel

That scar tissue is nothing to be worried about. That scar tissue may eventually close a 100% the navel and then develop like a cyst which is very embarrassing when pop out because the fluid stinks. But it does not mean infection, that is the natural skin fluid retained and stored inside of an enclosed area.
Please ask you doctor to get it fixed before it closes a 100% and may cause you an embarrassing episode.
Dr. Cardenas.

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

General Rodolfo Sanchez Taboada #9551
Tijuana, BC 22320

Belly button scar repair after tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Please consult your plastic surgeon who performed your tummy tuck and follow his or her advice.  It is not unreasonable that 1540 laser treatments could be done on both the belly button and the scar for some improvement up to 1 year.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

195 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116