How Can My Belly Button Be Fixed? I Hate It 3 Months Post-TT

I had my TT almost 3 months ago.prior to doing so i asked him if my scar would be hiden and he told me yes.now i go back for check up and he told me i should just put a belly button ring in it, and thats just the way my belly button is. he doesnt seem to want to fix it and trys to tell me it looks good. he said we could remove more skin and try and fix it if i really want to after summer,BUT im scarred he is just going to mess it up even more.is it possible to hide this scar? different ps?

You may benefit from revision

+2

It is hard to make out the problem from a single view and it is too soon to do the revision surgery now. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and give him an opportunity to make you happy.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Improving per umbilical scars

+1

Wound healing is a continuum over a year or more. Scar usually get red, thick and hard for up to three months and then tend to soften, flatten and fade over the course of the next year or two. If the appearance at a years is still unacceptable, then consider having an umbilicoplasty to try to improve the appear. However, there is no assurance it will be the way you want it. You should speak with a board certified plastic surgeon when the time comes. In the meantime, you can try scar products to try to improve the appearance. As you mentioned, belly-buttock piercings and/tattoos are also options if you desire.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Concerns about the appearance of the belly button 3 months after a tummy tuck

+1

Full wound maturation can take up to one year which means that your scar may be far less conspicuous at that time. If at around one year, the scar is not quite to your liking, you should discuss your concerns again with your plastic surgeon.

You can always elect to see another plastic surgeon for a second opinion and/or surgical treatment. However, he/she is likely to charge you a significant amount to address this issue and there still is no guarantee as regards outcome.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

UMBILICAL scars after tummy tuck

+1

It may be possible to improve the appearance of your umbilicus.

Shortening the  stalk of the umbilicus and placating it to the fascia can allow the scar to be pulled into the umbilicus this may improve the appearance of your scars. It is always more difficult to fix it and do it right the 1st time but I think it can be improved.

I have done this a few times and once on my own pt.

Wendell Perry, MD

Belly Button Scar after Tummy Tuck

+1

It is very difficult to see the belly button scar in your photo but I would suggest that you allow for more time for everything to heal. I normally ask my patients to always wait 1 year post op surgery because scars take 1 year to mature and they continue to get better up to that point.  If after 1 year you still don't like the scar, then a scar revision is indicated.