Belly button revision (photo)

I am 4 months postpartum with twins. This was my second pregnancy and both went to term. I hate my belly button. I removed the belly button jewelry years before I ever got pregnant. Is there anything that can be done about this? I do not feel that this is a tummy tuck issue. Also, any recommendations on a surgeon that could do this in the central Texas area? I would be willing to travel to Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio.

Belly Button Procedure - common after pregnancy

+1
Umbilicoplasty or improving the belly button is an additional benefit of the tummy tuck as is removal of stretch marks of the lower abdomen. This can usually be done as a separate minor procedure in the office under local anesthesia if the belly button has been stretched or distorted by the pregnancy. An umbilical hernia can also be repaired at the same time.

Belly button revision in Los Angeles

+1
Our office specializes in belly button revision surgery. One of the best options would be a concentric umbilicoplasty to remove the upper pole excess skin of the belly button. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Define your belly button rejuvenation goals

+1
Dear TexasRangers,
Yes, belly button rejuvenation alone may be indicated and may provide a positive experience and result for you. One of the most important things for you to do is to define your goals since full belly button rejuvenation is sometimes difficult without a tummy tuck secondary to skin and tissues in the vicinity of the belly button.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Belly button revision

+1
Umbilicoplasty surgery may be indicated in your case. If an underlying umbilical hernia is present, this can be repaired during the procedure. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes.