Belly Button Revision After TT. What Is the Recovery Time? (photo)

I had a tummy tuck three months ago and about two weeks after my surgery, my belly button became infected. My P.s is going to do a revision in 3 weeks and also re-drape my incision because the swelling on my left side below my belly button doesn't seem to be going anywhere since I had the surgery. I wonder if its just fat. What is the recovery time for this surgery and will I have to wear a binder? After this will my lower belly especially on the left side be completely flat?

Recovery from belly button revision

+1

Dear Kimshells,

Depending on what will be done during your revision surgery that the healing time will vary.

Normally, the recovery time is of couple of weeks (without complications). Nonetheless, the more time will pass, the better results will be observed.

The revision will be less painful and more limited to the area to be fixed.

Only through physical examination that a surgeon can generate a definitive opinion if a revision is required to flatten your left lower abdomen.

Thank you for your inquiry and I wish you the best.

Dr. Sajjadian

Recovery after TT revision

+1

Your recovery really depends on what your surgeon is planning to do. It probably won't be more than a week and should be easier than your original surgery. But you need to check with your own surgeon.

Ronald Schuster, MD