Can Belly Button Be Revised 6 Months Post TT? (photo)

I had a Full TT 6 months ago. I am 5'6 and 110 pounds. I had 4 kids and had extensive stretch marks, muscle seperation and a small hernia. my plastic surgeon suggested the inverted T incision. I go back for scar revision in February. I am very unhappy with my belly button and my surgeon say there is nothing more she can do. Can my belly button be revised to look more normal? What about the stretch marks around my belly button, can those be removed? Thank you

Unhappy with belly button following tummy tuck

+1

Your belly button opening has almost closed completely and will need to be revised. The belly button may be under the skin and can be repaired. Otherwise, you will need a new umbilicus created. I believe that something needs to be done.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy belly button

+1

The stretch marks will not improve but the belly button can be improved on. I would wait a full year before any revisions. See a board certified plastic surgeon.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Revision of Belly Button after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The appearance of your belly button may be improved upon;  I would suggest waiting for at least an additional 6 months to allow for the tissue/scar to soften up and become more conducive to manipulation/revision. It is unlikely that the appearance of your stretch marks will be diminished significantly with further surgery.

Revision

+1

It would appear from the photo that a revision to the belly button could help the way it looks. The stretch marks can not be removed

Michael Hueneke, MD

Unhappy with belly button and results in general from a tummy tuck

+1

From your photos, it appears that most of your belly button did not survive and that you are left largely with scarring. A neoumbilicoplasty (new belly button) would need to be reconstructed in order to attempt to obtain a more reasonable appearance.

Regarding the stretch marks around your belly button, these really can't be removed.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

I don't love the T incision in tummy tucks

+1

I am very sorry for your troubles.  You demonstrate, however, why I am not a fan of the T incision in tummy tucks.  This is because vertical incisions on the abdomen usually look worse than horizontal ones and because even though you have a low horizontal scar, regardless of what bikini you wear the vertical scar shows in everything. I prefer to have patients accept a somewhat higher horizontal scar but one with no vertical component.  As long as you choose a bathing suit that covers the scar, your remaining abdomen looks great.

It looks like your belly button died and totally turned to scar as I see nothing in the photo that looks like remaining bb.  I think revisng this at 6 months is perhaps too soon and may lead to worse problems because this is not easy.  Also, the stretch marks can't be removed and you need to be very specific with your doctor exactly what they are planning to do with the umbilicus because it looks like you need a new one made from the skin since none of the original one looks like it remains.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

I believe the belly button can be improved

+1
Hello, It appears that you have a relatively flat belly button without the normal "innie" appearance that most people desire. If this is the case, that can be improved upon. Removal of more of the stretch marks will require full revision of the tummy tuck to remove more skin which may not be able to any significant extent. All the best, Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD