Possible to Have Belly Button Removed?

i was wondering how much it would cost and if it is even possible to get my belly button grafted over, so i wouldn't have one anymore.

Removal of the belly button

+1
Removal of the belly button is possible, but this is certainly an atypical request for surgery.  The belly button has important aesthetic roles in abdominal contour. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Umbilicus Removal

+1
Remove your belly button is not a common request however, if you didn't like it and were a candidate for an abdominoplasty, the abdominoplasty would give you a new one. 

If you wanted to remove it completely, you would still have a scar (a small one) but you may not like the resulting scar.  Lots to consider.

Adam P. Angeles, MD
Bend Plastic Surgeon

Possible to Have Belly Button Removed?

+1
In short, yes, it is possible.  I would not recommend it and you should understand that it will still leave a scar in that area after the surgery.

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, FACS

Removing a belly button

+1

What is the reason for you to want to have your belly button removed. This is not a request that I have heard of before.

Complete removal of the belly button

+1

This is not recommended. Furthermore even if you had the procedure performed and you could find someone to do this, it would still leave a scar (unless you had a full tummy tuck). Remember the belly button is a scar that is the result of clamping your umbilical cord. If we could remove the belly button without a scar, we could do that for burn victims. Unfortunately this is not possible and at the very least will leave a vertical scar.

Belly Botton Removal

+1

I'm not quite sure why you would want to remove such a uniquely attractive human feature but - it can be done. The belly button could be excised and its former location marked by a short scar OR you could have a full Tummy tuck in which the belly button was removed and not re-exited.

I would advise you to think long and hard before getting this done.