3 Years After TT is it Possible to Have a Belly Button Reconstruction?

I had a tummy tuck 3 years ago and was left with a huge belly button with a scar on the outside. I went in for a revision 4 months ago, and it looks worse. The Dr "fixed" it from the outside. He cut a slit on top then on the bottom, leaving me with 2 more scars. I need a dr with experience to fix my belly button. I think I need to be opened from my tummy tuck scar and my belly button be fixed from the inside... or is there another way? Shouldn't my scar be inside?

Belly button reconstruction

Belly button reconstruction is a challenging problem, especially if your belly button is too large. Your best option is to consult with an experienced surgeon.

Belly Button Revision

Without seeing before and after pictures and a recent picture, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  That said, yes, it is likely that revision surgery can improve your scaring, but only an in-person consultation could tell for sure.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD