Belly Button Pops Out After Lipo & Tiny Bit of Loose Skin

I'm Female 24 Yrs Old. I had ABDOMINAL Lipo 1yr ago, since my surgery I have not gained or lost weight. Before Lipo. my stomach was even. My skin is a bit loose now but NOT AS BAD AS my Belly button. Since surgery my belly button Pop's out, I wear any tight shirt N U R able to C my belly button popping out! I spoke to a doctor he wanted to Cut around belly button and leave a BIG scar around it 2 fix the problem! Is there any OTHER OPTIONS to tighten up my stomach/belly button?

Umbilical hernia and liposuction of the abdomen

+1

It is possible that there is an umbilical hernia that became noticeable after liposuction of the abdomen. Repair may be accomplished via an incision at the umbilicus, and may result in a small scar at that location.

Hernia needs repair

+1

It appears that you have an umbilical hernia the should be repaired.  Currently it pops in and out without causing you trouble such as pain and nausea/vomiting.  It should be repaired before those things occur.  I would be helpful to sustain a stable weight so that your repair hold up over time.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Umbilical hernia and abdominal liposuction

+1

Either this is localized fat that was not removed or it is an umbilical hernia that requires repair. Given the recommendation of your current surgeon, it is my impression that is more likely the latter.

Fat around belly button before liposuction may have hid protrusion.

+1

Hi.

Cannot tell from the one picture exactly what's wrong.  Probably not caused by liposuction.  I think it can be corrected with small scar.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Belly button protrudes after liposuction

+1

There could be a chance that there is a coincidental umbilical hernia that may not have been caused by the liposuction. You should see a general surgeon who does laporscopic surgery to determine after an examination if this is the case and they can discuss with you how they can create smaller scars.

Ronald Shelton, MD